• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Revelstoke Jan 21-28, 2018

echo_VT

Angel Diva
sounds like a great trip, i'm sorry about your leg detaining you from the last day of skiing - but glad that it's all better now (whew!).
thank you so much for the trip report...!

CarolB

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It rained yesterday to probably 200m below the Stoke. :( Amazing conditions up top first thing, but there was a definite warming trend so the snow was getting heavy after about 11am.

Forecast is for sun and colder temps for the next couple of weeks - there's plenty of snow up there, everything's filled in nicely. Colder weather will hopefully dry and soften the front side.
Yeah, hope so. Like you, when I was there last year I pretty much skied the South Bowl and Ripper as well and the traversing drove me nuts. Great Mtn, incredibly bad lift plan, especialy if you're doing only the upper. I was by myself so was limited on doing the trees/North Bowl but I'm going with a friend this time. Crossing my fingers!!

Is the Aqutic Centre worth going to if we get time?

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
WHOA! That video is in.sane.

Sorry for the delayed response - I didn't know there were more posts in here!

If it's not too late, the aquatic centre is absolutely worth it. It closes at 8 pm - we usually stopped in for an hour or so right after we finished on the mountain for the day, before dinner.

CarolB

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
IMG_6181.JPG IMG_6180.JPG IMG_6178.JPG IMG_6177.JPG IMG_6157.JPG

We didn't get a chance to go to the aquatic centre but thanks for that feedback, I'll try to go next time I'm there.

We managed to get a beautiful blue sky day but no new snow and it was pretty chilly. Snow conditions were nasty to pretty good- depending on where we were. I ended up using my caving skis because they were more fun in the firmer conditions.

When I picked up my ski partner she got into my car and then announced she had hurt herself 2 days before so my dream of bowls and trees was greatly reduced. I did get into the Tally Ho glades, which were really pretty, and into Vertigo a bunch of times. I think next time I'd probaby just dig in and hire a guide to show me the best trees/north bowl lines for my level (strong skier but far from a hardcore Revy Skier) so that I'd know where to go from now on.

P.S- no lift line-ups at all!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga