• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Resorts with direct flights from New York and IKON pass

RandomSkier

Certified Ski Diva
Don't Ikon holders get 5-7 days at SkiBig3 (Lake Louise, Sunshine, Norquay).

Go to Banff, Alberta. Access two excellent resorts. Easy shuttles from Calgary airport. Free shuttles to the hills from Banff townsite. Banff townsite is nice with lots of restaurants (make reservations on weekends). And the exchange dollar will work in your favor.

Amie H

Angel Diva
I've had great snow quality experiences in Tahoe, especially at Mt Rose and Donner Ski Ranch. When I skied in very late Spring, I've experienced the "Sierra Cement" but not in Feb-March. I *wish* there was more frequent nonstop service to Reno from Chicago. It's intermittent on United. I've determined they start this season in mid-March so I'm already trying to put something together.

Believe it or not, my sister and I had terrible snow "stickiness" issues in Park City at PCM in early March 2019. We both had to take our skis in for emergency hot waxes. That helped.

Cantabrigienne

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In all seriousness: If you are able to take a full week (or at least 5 days) Have you thought about going to Europe? For the various Ikon pass resorts, Kitzbuhel has super easy train transfer from Munich and even shorter from Innsbruck (easy connection via London/Amsterdam/Frankfurt), which is also good for most of the Dolomiti Superski resorts. If you can fly out of Philly, there is a direct flight to Venice, which is a 2hr transfer to Cortina or 2.5hrs to Alta Badia.

Especially because you say Deer Valley is your spirit animal, you would love it there - infinite miles of perfectly groomed intermediate cruising, amazing food. Accommodation is really good value there: perfectly nice bed & breakfast places go for 50-70 euros/night per person inc breakfast (<$1200 for a week for 2 of you.) If you go the week of March 16-23, you can stay in a 4* hotel in Corvara with a superlative breakfast for $2050, or in Selva with dinner included for ~$2400.

mintzcole

Certified Ski Diva
I also have an IKON pass. I booked lodging and transportation from SLC airport to Solitude all though IKON travel. If you stay at Solidtide you can also ski Brighton (just no lodging there).

SnowMom

Certified Ski Diva
Another vote for SLC in terms of easy travel. Deer Valley, Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, Brighton are all good options on Ikon depending on where you want to stay. Easy bus system to DV from downtown PC.

I have heard the snow is a bit better at Alta right now than DV but that could change depending on your trip timing.

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@SnowMom snow is always better in the canyons Alta/Brighton (higher resorts) if you look at the maps the storms hit SLC/canyons dump snow then continue onto Parkcity/DV so less snow. DV makes a lot of snow.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga