• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Requesting Advice on Ski Boot Fitter in Salt Lake Area for Flat Feet

Slow Sarah

Angel Diva
I will be in the SLC, Utah area visiting Deer Valley, Solitude, Brighton and possibly Park City this coming week 4/8-4/13. I am hoping to find a well regarded boot fitter while out there.

My daughter has flat feet and loved skiing but switched to snowboarding which she has quickly excelled at and will likely stick with if we can’t get the foot pain situation worked through. Since we will also be in Deer Valley and she can’t take her board there she will ski with me in DV for a short time.

We already tried two separate custom setups, one at Evo and another in Whistler. She isn’t up for another large expense but my hope is that the right boot fitter might be able to make an adjustment to her current setup that might at least take the edge off or at best maybe help fix the problem.

Any advice or recommendations are appreciated!

Porcupine

Certified Ski Diva
Sport loft did wonders for me and my aunt. It is pricey though. For my boots when I initially bought them, they adjusted the cant since I am so short the default cant messed with my stance, later I went in for custom insoles since I tend to collapse my arches and that affected my skiing so much an instructor noticed, and finally I got new liners this year. Next year I will be buying a new shell just cause my current one will be nearing 200 days. I will be going back to sport loft for that :smile:

hope she finds something that works and isn’t too expensive

Slow Sarah

Angel Diva
Sport loft did wonders for me and my aunt. It is pricey though. For my boots when I initially bought them, they adjusted the cant since I am so short the default cant messed with my stance, later I went in for custom insoles since I tend to collapse my arches and that affected my skiing so much an instructor noticed, and finally I got new liners this year. Next year I will be buying a new shell just cause my current one will be nearing 200 days. I will be going back to sport loft for that :smile:

hope she finds something that works and isn’t too expensive
Will keep them in mind as well and thanks for the context. I am not only slow but short as well

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga