• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Recommendation for Goggles?

Evergreen

Certified Ski Diva
Hi all!

I need some new goggles this season and I am a little lost since there are so many choices. Anyone have a recommendation? I'm looking for goggles that I can switch out the lenses depending on the conditions. Otherwise they just need to fit over my helmet well. Anyone have an opinion? I would like to spend under $100.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I love love love the Smith I/O spherical goggles. SUPER easy to change out the lenses (they come with two) and very comfortable. The women's version is the I/OS. They're a bit pricey, but sometimes you can find them at less than the manufacturer's suggested retail price. I know I've seen them on Steep and Cheap.

SconieSkier

Certified Ski Diva
I love my Oakley Stockholm goggles. They seem to fit my face better than other brands and models I've tried, since they are designed for women. I always used to have problems with gapping around my nose, and these take care of that. I also love how they give such a wide viewing area, you don't feel like you keep seeing the insides of the goggle, if that makes any sense. They do run a bit more, but it depends on the lens you get. I tend to just keep my eyes open for clearance and discontinued colors, you can normally pick a pair up for around $70 that way. I actually bought a few pairs just so I don't have to change the lenses out, so I guess I'm a goggle slut!

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You really need to take your helmet and go try a bunch on. Goggles that don't fit with your helmet are virtually worthless (subject to fogging, gapping, weird airflow, cheek and nose smashing....etc.).

Evergreen

Certified Ski Diva
Oh I know - I plan to try them on with my helmet. I just needed a starting point since there are sooooo many options!

mountainxtc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like the smith heiress, it's part of the spherical series so you get the wide range of vision, but it fits well on smaller faces and most importantly in the spring; minimizes the dreaded goggle tan!!

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Check to see if you have an Oakley outlet store near you - I've never seen their goggles over $80 a pair there, and sometimes considerably lower. In the ski shops they run $120-$200 so it's quite a savings. I've been lusting after the HI Yellow lenses, they are really effective in flat conditions. For sunny conditions, I love, love, love my Zeal goggles - they are polarized, which I prefer. I got them online (from Evo, I think) for about $80 or so. Good luck!

Gumbelina

Certified Ski Diva
Another vote for the Smith I/O or I/O S, depending on the size of your face. Out of the group of 4 that I ski with the most often, the 2 guys and I have I/O's, and the other woman (who has a smaller face) has the I/O S. I love mine, lenses are easy to change and the 2 lenses that they come with have been versatile enough for any light conditions. Definitely try them with your helmet, although out of our group we have 2 Smith helmets, a Bern, and a Giro, and the goggles fit well with all of them.

C

CMCM

Yet another vote for the Smith IO/S. They're great, very comfy, especially for smallish faces, great visibility.

I'd recommend trying them on somewhere for fit first. It looks like a typical store price might be around $165. Last year I saw them for $185, but got them at end of season for $100 or so.

Right now I see them on Evo Gear for $109, free shipping.
https://www.evo.com/outlet/goggles/smith-i/os.aspx

Heddious

Certified Ski Diva
if you can find them on sale - Oakley Splice.
you have to try them, best goggles I've ever had.
ok, the nose part of the frame looks a bit funny, but unlike the crowbars they don't squeeze your nose. (and, they're endlessly customizable, just trade parts with others if you want to change the look.)

I also like the Anon Figment. Borrowed a pair from a friend once and they were just fine. They come in a smaller girls version too, but I can't remember the model name. :O

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love my Bolle's.. I have clear and vermillion (rose) both are well under 100$ check campmor.com & Bolle does have some models but more $$ with interchangeable lens

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm a Stockholm girl although I had to get O (A?)-Frames for use with my race helmet as the Stockholm doesn't work well with that one.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Zeal fan here. I have used the Link model for the past 7 or 8 years, just upgraded to the Link with PPX lens (photocromatic, changes with low and bright light so you don't have to swap lenses). Those are more than $100, but you can find the SPX lenses for much less than $100 on Overstock, Sierra Trading Post, etc. They have fit fine with my old Giro helmet as well as my new Smith ...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga