• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Quote of the Day

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
"If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you:
I came to live out loud."

~Emile Zola

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
"A wise man speaks when he has something to say, and a fool speaks when he has to say something."

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This taken from a post on SnowHeads.
Posted there by Eng_ch(Good one Girl!)

Men have mid-life crises, women have mid-life revelations?
icon_lol.gif

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Start your day dancing, because sometimes you just gotta twirl!:p

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go."

~ T.S. Elliot

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
"The Eskimos has 52 names for snow because it was important to them: there ought to be as many for love."

~ Margaret Atwood

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Here's something to think about at work today:

"Meetings are indispensable when you don't want to do anything."

-- John Kenneth Galbraith

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
"No diet will remove all the fat from your body because the brain is entirely fat. Without a brain you might look good, but all you could do is run for public office."

- Covert Bailey (fitness expert)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."

-- Eleanor Roosevelt

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ski Diva, thanks for reminding me!

Bonni

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sometimes it's more important to be human, than to have good taste. ~Brecht

And I should know!;)

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Marriage is.....finding that special someone you want to annoy for the rest of your life.

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
"The honor of the people lies in the moccasin tracks of the woman. Walk the good road.... Be dutiful, respectful, gentle and modest my daughter... Be strong with the warm, strong heart of the earth. No people goes down until their women are weak and dishonored, or dead upon the ground. Be strong and sing the strength of the Great Powers within you, all around you."

~Village Wise Man, Lakota tribe

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lola, your quote reminded me of this from a card I got on my 40th birthday.

Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty -
They merely move it from their faces into their hearts.
~Martin Buxbaum

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
"Unless someone like you cares a whole lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."

~The Lorax, Dr. Suess

And in case you didn't know, I am also a Dr. Suess fan and I have several of his books memorized. Now that is an obsession! :D

Lynn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Dr. Seuss

Man, that brings back memories. When ones kids are small and get fixated on a single book, they want to hear it night, after night for a while. You get to know whole pages without having to read it. I always enjoyed the Dr. Seuss books though. Green eggs and ham, still rings in my thoughts at times.

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lilgeorg said:
You haven't heard anything until you hear Lola recite " The Glunk that got Thunk"

Ah, yes . . .

"A thing my sister likes to do some evenings after supper . . . " :D

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I love this quote, though I have to admit, I stole it from trouble. It's her signature on EpicSki.

So with a nod to trouble, here it is:

"I generally avoid temptation, unless I can't resist it."

--Mae West

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga