• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Prettiest skis?

vetski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Incidentally, I do think I own the ugliest skis on the planet, the 2009 Volkl Tierras:

37507.Size.LengthCM_149_Image.jpg

These are not just ugly, they're fugly. But it's all good, I love my ugly ducklings just the same.:love:

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmm. I have the 2010 Tierras and while I LOVE the ski, I have not ever been crazy about the graphics. But I am slightly more reconciled to them after having seen those 2009 Tierras. What is up with all the brown?!?

Vetski - I do love those Rossis...and this is the thing - since they're a free-ski, they have super graphics on the bottoms as well! Almost as nice as the topsheets!

kirafiki

Diva in Training
I'm getting the skilogic goddess this year. I woulnd't buy the prettiest skis just for looks. After demo-ing skis all last winter, these were my favorites, just an added bonus that they are the prettiest too :smile:

ktp

Certified Ski Diva
Not really a fan of "pretty" skis per se, but I do like my Dynastar Edens:smile:

UDB0aFPXcFoFEa5617oEXdWocq6xC2fydmbn-c2XKOhRjN43rV6plbU5LmCI74eEvgeky4XO3ukl842BAFNVv_dugGYVK94fWOfP1Po5rHVjY1f7JIVpQVpwtfM-XA5UY-A39O1PbroJ2Edgojg

I have the older (I think) white version of these and I have grown to love them :smile: I think I like the darker version better tho....;)

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've never really owned pretty skis. The new ones I just bought (Salomon Opals) are just okay-ish in terms of graphics.

Seems like you ladies out west skiing powder get all the nicest-looking skis. The fatties and the freeriders are much prettier than the on-piste groomers.

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
give me a little jolt of joy every time I look at my feet.

LOVE that! So true!! And you are NOT kidding about their versatility - last time I rode them I wound up on one of our blacks (a groomer, not a bump ride) and whereas the rest of the hill was slushy (hence the S7s) the black run ghetto has a shady northern exposure and was frozen gran. And these babies took me right down that stuff!

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Incidentally, I do think I own the ugliest skis on the planet, the 2009 Volkl Tierras:

37507.Size.LengthCM_149_Image.jpg

These are not just ugly, they're fugly. But it's all good, I love my ugly ducklings just the same.:love:

I dunno, I think my Volkl Lunas could give your Tierras a run for ugliest ski. Mine are the 2007 or 2008? I forget which, but they're a bizarre 70's brownish color with bird feathers.

Jilly

Staff member
I always thought the Tierra's were classy!

The ugliest still has to be the Salomon Topaz that were avocado green and brown!

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, as I've only ever owned two pairs of skis, I'd have to say my current Rossi S86Ws..

df4d6185f80c66bb4d0e389ae48e1969.jpg

Realistically though, they don't really win any beauty awards, but I did see this year's Kenjas in the shop and they are PRETTY!

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
i concur, the 2009 tierras are pretty ugly, but when they are covered with snow, who cares! I love these skis, but unfortunately rarely use them. I am considering selling them (156), and upgrading for a powder ski....

altagirl

Staff member
I dunno, I think my Volkl Lunas could give your Tierras a run for ugliest ski. Mine are the 2007 or 2008? I forget which, but they're a bizarre 70's brownish color with bird feathers.

I don't mind the brown colors - it's the curly cursive writing that puts me off.

Those new Atomic graphics Nadalover posted are great though!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I don't mind the brown colors - it's the curly cursive writing that puts me off.

They've changed the typeface on this year's Volkl Tierra; no more cursive.

111261.jpg

I've never been crazy about the graphics, either. Kind of bland, I think. But I do love the ski.

BTW, Nadalover, I've skied that Atomic and it is F-U-N.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga