• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Palisades (Tahoe)

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I do have an IKON pass for the upcoming season and am very familiar with the resort, but I think it's going to be more of my late-season resort than primary/peak season one this year (I have a Sugar Bowl pass, too). I haven't quite figured it out yet!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We ski Pally Valley but we also travel a lot.
I'd be up for meeting you to ski but likely mid week.
FWIW, we have Mt Rose passes too and ski there mostly because its so stinking easy.

Michelle55

Certified Ski Diva
Awesome! I have an Ikon Pass so I generally go to Palisades, but I hope to travel a bit this year for skiing. I picked up the sport a little later in life, so it is hard to find folks who are interested and/or willing to go in my friend group.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Awesome! I have an Ikon Pass so I generally go to Palisades, but I hope to travel a bit this year for skiing. I picked up the sport a little later in life, so it is hard to find folks who are interested and/or willing to go in my friend group.
We have a solid month from the second week of Jan to the first week of Feb that we travel for work, but other than that we should be around a fair amount. And this year's national gathering for SkiTalk is North Lake Tahoe so you'll have a chance to meet a bunch of the crossover membership.

Michelle55

Certified Ski Diva
Haven't skied there, but we are headed there in Feb. and would love some recommendations!
I love it there. Just a headups - they implemented a new parking system where you have to reserve parking on the weekends now. I think they open it up on Tuesdays for the following weekend. You can also reserve a parking spot for $30. During the week, the parking doesn't require any reservations. https://www.palisadestahoe.com/mountain-information/parking-and-road-conditions/parking-program

I really enjoy the mountain. It broken up into the upper mountain and lower mountain. It can get windy at the top which can limit which chairlifts are open, but if you are an advance intermediate (unlike me), there is a lot of the lower mountain that you can ski on those days.

I am happy to answer any other more specific questions, if I can!

MsWax

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks, @Michelle55 ! We're renting an Air B&B with lift-access so we don't even plan to get a car. We'll uber into town a few times for dinner, and then cook at the condo. We had heard parking there is a PITA, so we're hoping to avoid it entirely :smile:.

I don't have any specific questions yet, but I'm sure I will as our trip gets closer. I'm mostly hoping to keep up with (or at least not die following) my oldest, who makes it his mission to ski the hardest, most dangerous trails he can find...

Michelle55

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks, @Michelle55 ! We're renting an Air B&B with lift-access so we don't even plan to get a car. We'll uber into town a few times for dinner, and then cook at the condo. We had heard parking there is a PITA, so we're hoping to avoid it entirely :smile:.

I don't have any specific questions yet, but I'm sure I will as our trip gets closer. I'm mostly hoping to keep up with (or at least not die following) my oldest, who makes it his mission to ski the hardest, most dangerous trails he can find...
Yes, it is a pain, but I just avoid the weekends generally and have accepted it - and once you're on the mountain, then you don't seem to car so much. Depending on when you are there, leaving Palisades can be just as difficult. The two closest towns are Tahoe City and Truckee. Food choices and quality are limited, but you have more options in Truckee. However, the road to Truckee also leads to the highway, so that is also something to think about. Both have grocery stores - Tahoe City only has a Safeway now, but Truckee had a larger Safeway, Savemart and a few health food stores. Here I was thinking that I didn't have much info to offer, but apparently many trips from SF to Tahoe has provided some institutional knowledge :smile: Happy to help and answer any questions when needed!

mustski

Angel Diva
Not Palisades ... but still Tahoe ... Mt. Rose is opening on Friday with what looks to be just a good long WROD. Bob is in Reno so will likely hit opening day with anyone who is going. I'm driving up Saturday and hope to ski on Monday. @SnowHot you going?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Not Palisades ... but still Tahoe ... Mt. Rose is opening on Friday with what looks to be just a good long WROD. Bob is in Reno so will likely hit opening day with anyone who is going. I'm driving up Saturday and hope to ski on Monday. @SnowHot you going?
Got the email about Mt Rose. Lucky you and Bob.

Rainbow Jenny

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m mostly at Alpine during weekdays and ski Alpine North in the spring. Feel free to PM me. I don’t like email notifications and will try to log on here once or twice a week now I see white stuff on the mountains.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Yes, with the usual suspects.
We are also going to a fundraiser for the Mount Rose Snowsports Education Foundation Saturday evening.
Perhaps Bob would want to attend.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga