• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Opening Dates, 2016

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I hear Keystone has delayed opening weekend.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Whiteface, NY updated their opening date to November 18th. The weather forecast for the next 10 days looks quite favorable for snowmaking at Whiteface.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Hi, ladies - it's been a really busy week, and i have some threads to catch up on. but i just wanted to say that...

I'M GOING SKIING ON TUESDAY!!!!:yahoo:

Sunshine Village opens tomorrow, but I'll be busy at work the next few days, so...Tuesday it is! Here's hoping for a big dump between now and then. But I hear the settled base is already about 85 cm! It's their earliest opening in 30 years (pretty impressive considering there's no snowmaking).

MissySki

Angel Diva
It's 70 degrees here in MA, can you say depressing for the winter enthusiasts in the bunch here??? I was wearing flip flops after work yesterday on November 2'nd.. what the heck? While Sunday River isn't quite as warm as down here, snowmaking weather has certainly disappeared.. I'm wondering what was salvaged from their efforts thus far. Hopefully going to get colder overnight to get back to it in the next couple of days.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
It's 70 degrees here in MA, can you say depressing for the winter enthusiasts in the bunch here??? I was wearing flip flops after work yesterday on November 2'nd.. what the heck? While Sunday River isn't quite as warm as down here, snowmaking weather has certainly disappeared.. I'm wondering what was salvaged from their efforts thus far. Hopefully going to get colder overnight to get back to it in the next couple of days.

50° here in VT, @MissySki, but it's supposed to get better. Tomorrow's high is only supposed to be 41°, followed by a steady stream of days in the forties -- not good enough, but heading in the right direction.

Enjoy Sunshine Village you lucky Divas out that way!!!!

Wachusett's opening date is projected to be Friday, November 25th

Temps look like they will dip starting tomorrow so by the end of November things should be crankin

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does anyone know what the actual trail situation is usually like over Thanksgiving weekend at places like Killington and Okemo? I'm wondering if there's a realistic chance of any intermediate trails being open.

Jay would be an option too; might be better conditions there. I'll be watching the temps closely.

I realize I'm asking for speculation. I'm going to bring my ski gear and check the trail reports, I was just wondering what to expect from early-season skiing in general, since I've never done it. Thanks!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't go to Killington over Thanksgiving, if I were you. They're hosting the Women's World Cup Races, and it's going to be a zoo.

Hard to say right now about Okemo. I heard they might start making snow tomorrow -- and who knows what'll happen with the weather -- but generally, they don't have too much open early season. Then again, Okemo is not particularly difficult. If you're an intermediate skier, you can pretty much handle most of the stuff they have.

I'll be at mount snow and bromley from Wednesday through Sunday of Turkey weekend. I don't expect more than a handful of trails open.

I was planning to avoid Killington over Turkey weekend due to world cup race. I've skied Killington over Turkey weekend before and had no issue finding intermediate terrain open. Granted their wasn't a ton open but I found blues to make me happy. I just avoid great northern if possible as this is a green traverse trail that seems to always be wicked crowded and that's where I got hit from behind one of the last times I was there.

Last edited:

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oops, forgot about the World Cup! Thanks for the reminder!
I have a Peak Pass, so my first priority is to see if I can ski anywhere without paying for a ticket.
But I'll definitely fork over for a chance to ski, no matter how limited! :ski:

I have a peak pass as well. I hear ya on not paying for a lift ticket if you can avoid it. The only Vermont resort covered is Mount Snow. The others are Attitash, Crotched and Wildcat in New Hampshire, Hunter in NY and the other 2 are in PA, Jack Frost is one of them.

Killington should still have early season rates but don't remember if turkey weekend impacts that at all. I don't know anything about Okemos rates.

I wish having the Peak pass qualified for the max pass add on because then you could get that and have 5 days at Killington, Stratton and a few others.

You can check liftopia also.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You guys, here in the Colorado front range, my tomatoes are still ripening on the vine. That's how bad this warm snap is.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The last few years, big early season dumps have led into some pretty meh accumulation. So I'm hoping the opposite holds true ...

For me, right now, no interesting terrain means less angsting about not being able to ski. If it were just about me and no one else, I'd wish for a dry season so that I won't be tempted to misbehave. But I couldn't do that to everyone! (Nevermind the fact that it would devastate our water supply.)

Moonrocket

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They just pushed out Winter Park opening day to the 23rd (was the 16th)

But I saw some huge sun dogs this afternoon which are supposed to bode well for snow I think.

elemmac

Angel Diva
I made a pre-opening appearance at Sunday River yesterday, nice hike, great to be on snow but I was able to hike in a t-shirt! 60 degrees in town today, come on winter, where are you?!?

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mammoth Opened Thursday - upside down -- top open no grooming, one WROD from mid mountain. Advanced /Expert terain only. Variable conditions an understatement.

Sharp edges and Mid Fats key.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna