• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

One mountain for life

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Isn't it enough that I'm monogamous with my husband??? Do I REALLY have to be monogamous to a mountain?
This is signature worthy!:laugh:

JHMR, if I could afford to live near there.

For the present when I must live in reality, it's Brighton---Yes, there are bigger mountains. It's not just the tree glades, the community, my friends and family, my favorite b/c runs, Molly Greens---it's 'home'. And has been for over 40 years--where I learned to ski and where my kids grew up and where some still work.
I've been trying to keep your secret, but seriously, Brighton is the unsung hero of that area. I really loved my day I spent there!

I haven't been to JHMR yet but I hear that it could change my One Mountain Pick....
:noidea:

Greeley

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have to pick Vail for just skiing,The back bowls can't be beat anywhere. Although I'm not too fond of the town...
Can I build my ultimate ski resort? Snowmass, with Vails back bowls, & the town of Steamboat.

C

CMCM

Well, for me it's also Squaw. I will never outgrow the place, and I suspect I'll never be good enough to ski all its terrain....but I really love the whole place and its ambience. It's just so beautiful, and I love that it's such a skier's mountain (Squaw's owners always say "We take good care of our skiers".) So many nationalities ski here. So many "old school" oldie skiers, too, still on their long thin old style skis and often dressed in skier's clothing that looks like the 1970's or 80's, skiers of all ages and often well into their 80's, I love it all.:love:

drjoyous

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I
Can I build my ultimate ski resort?

Wendy??? Greeley may be onto something here... How about a SkiDiva mountain, open only to women and our hand-picked men (!) But kids are welcome... We can become SkiBumDivas at our SkiDivaMountain.
uh oh, a spot a problem--if we want both east coast AND west coast clinics, imagine what we want for mountains. Two mountains.

oh well. it's free to dream.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I have to pick Mammoth. :thumbsup:

It generally gets a lot of snow, can open in October and close in July - long season for not being a glacier. It has an incredible array of runs from beginner to top expert. Is is only 5 1/2 hours from the house where I expect to live for the rest of my life. Only problem is that the powder, which I am learning to appreciate thanks to the newer wider skis, is generally fairly heavy and not as much fun to ski as Colorado and Utah. On one hand, it can be very windy. On the other hand, wind buff can be almost as much fun to ski as powder.

I have a growing number of friends who ski and/or live at Mammoth, and can generally find someone to ski with. Some days I join one group in the morning, then meet someone else at lunch or later in the day and ski with them until closing. At other times I'll just call a friend to make a nice group of two. The Mammoth forum helps to foster friendships with other frequent skiers, as people post when they will be on the mountain and there is a standard meeting place.

This year Mammoth is the only mountain I have skied, not nearly enough, but I have to say that it is big enough that I don't get bored skiing it for a week or more at a time. Most days I quit with several areas I just haven't made it to and which I plan to ski the next day, unless something different comes along. :bounce:

DobeMom

Certified Ski Diva
One more vote for Mammoth! :clap::clap:

I've been to Blackcomb, Vail, Snow Bird, Park City and the Canyons, but I just feel "at home" at Mammoth. As skibum said, Mammoth generally has a long season, and the terrain is so varied! I don't think I'll ever outgrow it. (Side note: skied my first double black! Wipeout 2, :thumbsup:) Also, the Sierra is so beautiful, I love backpacking in the summer!

Toucan

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Toss up between Loveland in CO and Solitude in UT. Really, for the same reasons: very low key vibe, great terrain for smallish mountains, free parking (hey these things matter!), a little something for everyone, and one main base lodge so you can't get too lost.

belle

Certified Ski Diva
It will be Squaw. Squaw really is more than one mountain. The skiers are incredible. On a powder day riding up KT-22, you can see people hucking Fingers right in front of you.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Hey DobeMom, maybe we should have a Mammoth Diva weekend in early May. You in?

Anyone else? If I get some response I'll start a thread.

Windee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
One mountain?

I'd like to live somewhere that has that vibe, a friendliness that the locals exude, that the retirees in the lodge extend to a new face, so maybe it doesn't matter where it is..
But I DO like skiing in CA! :dance:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna