• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Okemo/Mount Snow

artistinsuburbia

Angel Diva
We're taking our adult daughters (and my oldest daughter's husband) on a ski trip to Vermont this year. They only have Epic Local passes. Is it feasible to do both Okemo and Mt. Snow in one trip? It seems these resorts are one hour apart. Would you stay at one vs the other and why? Or would you do a split trip and stay at each resort two or three days? Or since Okemo is the furthest from our starting point, stay there all trip and just do Mt. Snow one day on the way home? Thoughts?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
You could definitely do both— not on the same day, but on the same trip. Yes, they are an hour apart. I think your plan is a good one: Okemo first, then Mount Snow on the way home. This would probably mean staying somewhere in the Ludlow area the night before skiing. You could then stay another night and drive to Mount Snow when you get up, or drive to Mount Snow after skiing Okemo and stay down there. Either would work. If I were you, I’d plan more days at Okemo than Mount Snow. It just has more to offer.

artistinsuburbia

Angel Diva
You could definitely do both— not on the same day, but on the same trip. Yes, they are an hour apart. I think your plan is a good one: Okemo first, then Mount Snow on the way home. This would probably mean staying somewhere in the Ludlow area the night before skiing. You could then stay another night and drive to Mount Snow when you get up, or drive to Mount Snow after skiing Okemo and stay down there. Either would work. If I were you, I’d plan more days at Okemo than Mount Snow. It just has more to offer.
Thank you Wendy!

MissySki

Angel Diva
Sorry, just seeing this! Ski Diva knows much more about the area though, so glad she chimed in. The only other thing I wanted to add is that I would try and avoid weekends if you can. I haven't skied at either of these resorts in a long time, and part of that is because they are incredibly busy on weekends, which is when I can usually ski. I know everywhere is busier on weekends, but this area can get hit really hard imo, especially in recent years if social media is to be believed.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, just seeing this! Ski Diva knows much more about the area though, so glad she chimed in. The only other thing I wanted to add is that I would try and avoid weekends if you can. I haven't skied at either of these resorts in a long time, and part of that is because they are incredibly busy on weekends, which is when I can usually ski. I know everywhere is busier on weekends, but this area can get hit really hard imo, especially in recent years if social media is to be believed.

An excellent point. This is VERY very true, I think of all Epic resorts. They are all totally bonkers on weekends and holidays. If you must ski then, start as soon as the lifts begin running.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you for pointing me to the right divas!
Yes, I did ski okemo for a long time.. Fail Oh I mean Vail wrecked it IMO- it does get busy- even on weekdays BUT it has great layout- fast lifts, if they groom it's A+ - I have skied more than 50,000 Vertical in a day!!!!
There are ways to avoid the lift lines. I will be going back this winter I have EPIC and IKON pass yes to make up for missing so much last winter.. if you want, let me know when you are going- I'd love to take runs with you. I am a very good tour guide can take you on some very cool long runs.. Mt. Snow IMO is kinda of flat I remember there are 3 trails that have pitch but everything seems to level out to a long flat run off at the bottom. I usually have stayed in Rutland 30min from Okemo- prices aren't as $$$ as in ludlow.

TrixieRuby

Certified Ski Diva
We're taking our adult daughters (and my oldest daughter's husband) on a ski trip to Vermont this year. They only have Epic Local passes. Is it feasible to do both Okemo and Mt. Snow in one trip? It seems these resorts are one hour apart. Would you stay at one vs the other and why? Or would you do a split trip and stay at each resort two or three days? Or since Okemo is the furthest from our starting point, stay there all trip and just do Mt. Snow one day on the way home? Thoughts?
I have skiied many times at Okemo and at Snow. I think Okemo is far more interesting and diverse. The terrain is more varied and follows the outline of two mountains. there are some ways to knit together trails that result in a very long run from summit to below. good food on the mountain, good snowmaking, great lifts. Go mid week if you can, and if you want to do multiple days at one of the resorts, I'd go with Okemo.

HMSCster

Certified Ski Diva
Just hopping on the thread here - how much is there to do for non-skiers at Okemo? Last year we did Mt. Snow. It was fun, but non-skiing husband was bored - his own fault, but still. Back to Mt. Snow, we really enjoyed it. in terms of how to split your time, you could easily ski the place in 2 days depending on your skills. Even one day and you'll hit enough terrain that you won't feel like you have missed out. Of course crowds do factor in, but I can't say what's normal since last season was so weird for everyone.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just hopping on the thread here - how much is there to do for non-skiers at Okemo? Last year we did Mt. Snow. It was fun, but non-skiing husband was bored - his own fault, but still. Back to Mt. Snow, we really enjoyed it. in terms of how to split your time, you could easily ski the place in 2 days depending on your skills. Even one day and you'll hit enough terrain that you won't feel like you have missed out. Of course crowds do factor in, but I can't say what's normal since last season was so weird for everyone.
What sort of things would your husband like to do? Any snow sports? Or?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member

I can't honestly say there's that much to do, but yes, it depends on his interests. There's a fitness center and pool at Okemo at Jackson Gore (The Spring House), if he'd like to do that. There's snowmobiling or cross country skiing nearby (if there's natural snow). If he's interested in a small, charming village with lots of shops, he could go to Woodstock, which isn't too far. Or there's the Vermont Country Store in Weston, which is honestly pretty fun.

HMSCster

Certified Ski Diva
I can't honestly say there's that much to do, but yes, it depends on his interests. There's a fitness center and pool at Okemo at Jackson Gore (The Spring House), if he'd like to do that. There's snowmobiling or cross country skiing nearby (if there's natural snow). If he's interested in a small, charming village with lots of shops, he could go to Woodstock, which isn't too far. Or there's the Vermont Country Store in Weston, which is honestly pretty fun.
Thanks for the great info!

Mrs Hawkler

Diva in Training
Okemo is one of our favorite mountains have skied many years. I would ski there for most of the days. Mount Snow is worth one day skiing there. Okemo is varied terrain for all abilities. There are great places to rent in the Ludlow area. We have the Epic Pass as well. Ludlow is a nice little town to explore as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna