• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Okemo First-Timers - Solitude Village or Jackson Gore?

Tvan

Angel Diva
Hi Gals,

We are considering a few days at Okemo this January. Unfortunately we're not able to attend Diva East :(

We've never been to Okemo so I'm looking at on-mountain accomodations. We typically prefer ski-on/ski-off options that are not in the middle of all the action, but are also not too remote. No need for a pool, but it would be great to be near some restaurants.

Any advice on lodging? Solitude Village? Jackson Gore Village? Alternatives? Thanks!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Either one of those are fine for ski-in, ski-out. I've never stayed at either one since I live locally, but both are in good locations.

If you want to save more and don't care about ski-in, ski-out, you can save a lot more by staying off mountain. I guess it just depends what you're looking for.

Tvan

Angel Diva
Thanks! I don't know the area at all - what is parking like if you stay off-mountain and have to drive there daily?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Are you planning on being there weekends or weekdays? During the week, parking is no problem at all. Weekends it's more difficult, but if you get there early, you should be okay.

Tvan

Angel Diva
We're looking at a Sunday - Wednesday scenario...so mid-week. Any place off mountain that you particularly like or recommend?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I think the Colonial Best Western is the best economical place in town. The Castle is nice, but pricey. Since I don't make use of the motels, I'm not the best resource; someone else might have a better recommendation.

Tvan

Angel Diva
Thanks!

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was going to suggest Happy Trails in Ludlow but the reviews on TripAdvisor are awful. I've stayed there a few times and never thought it was that bad. The first time we had the apartment out back which was nice.....2 bedrooms and a kitchen. The next time I shared a room with another Diva for a ski weekend and it was just ok. But we were just looking for a place to sleep, not a 5 star experience.

You know how those reviews work. People who have something to complain about usually write in. Those who have no complaints usually don't.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'm in the "Happy Trails is awful" camp. A better choice is the place across the street, the Timber Inn.

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Of the on mountain choices, I prefer Solitude because you are right there at a lift. Jackson Gore, however, offers a lounge , ski shop, store, and restaurant. But,either way, Okemo is a fun mountain with great snow conditions. You should have a great time.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've never stayed on the mountain, but I've stayed twice at the Best Western Ski Diva mentioned. It was fine is really all I can say about it; it's about 5 min drive from the mountain, rooms were clean. Not the most modern, but everything worked fine. I'd definitely stay there again. You can also walk to restaurants in town from there.

Tvan

Angel Diva
Thanks for the advice, everyone! We're going to stay at Jackson Gore for this first trip to maximize the on-snow time. We're looking forward to exploring a new mountain! And now, THINK SNOW.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga