• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Northern New England>Winter Returns

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Just a heads up to the easterners: winter is BACK, and it is snowing outside my window as I type. :yahoo:
Best snow and temps of March thus far, and the longer-range forecast is VERY promising. Could be a banner April! (Hoping it's similar to '07, when we got 95" in first half of the month.) Whatever it is, sure is looking good and skiing well now. Almost 900 acres open at Sugarloaf, including ALL glades (which had been rained on then frozen earlier in the month). First tracks yesterday. Snowing again. Come get it. No face coverings required anymore: moderate temps. LOVE IT.

abc

Banned
Skied Windham today! Fantastic powder!

Mad River Glen tomorrow. Jay Saturday.

Alpinezone summit is actually this weekend at Sugarloaf. Seriously tempted. But the thought of driving 8 hrs back after 2 days of skiing was very unappertizing... especially given I had to be up early Monday, and be fresh as a daisy: first day on a new job. So, no racoon eyes and nodding off at the desk. :wink:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Alpinezone summit is actually this weekend at Sugarloaf
What timing this year! :thumbsup: 10-13" new, 909 acres open today, MINIMAL grooming > good for them! :becky: Some of the best conditions of the season. Great forecast, also.

Hey, good luck with your new endeavor on Monday!

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
the conditions at Gunstock yesterday were some of the best of the season. I'll be heading back shortly and hope to be able to stay for longer than I did yesterday.

I'm hoping to get in another trip to Sunday River or maybe Okemo this time, before either closes.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Isn't this Great! Okemo is also Mid Winter conditions, get it while we can! Next week looks to be the best spring skiing temps, sun & awesome snow of the winter! Ski Ski Ski!

newskimama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Loon was in amazing shape yesterday! Finally ventured to South Peak - what was I waiting for??!!

SwampDog, so happy to hear about Gunstock. Heading up there this afternoon. We were last there early in the season, so only half the trails were open. Sounds like we are in for a treat today!

Heading to Bretton Woods tomorrow. Must be in great shape up there, too, I would imagine.

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SwampDog, so happy to hear about Gunstock. Heading up there this afternoon. We were last there early in the season, so only half the trails were open. Sounds like we are in for a treat today!

I hope you're on your way up, the conditions are amazing! It's a bit windy out there today but the sunshine more than makes up for it.

Next time you come up we'll have to do a few runs together :smile:

newskimama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I hope you're on your way up, the conditions are amazing! It's a bit windy out there today but the sunshine more than makes up for it.

Next time you come up we'll have to do a few runs together :smile:

Oooh, SwampDog, I will let you know! I am probably not going to be up there again this season (got the next few weekends planned, but I won't rule out a mid-week expedition), but planning to do a season pass there next year. Great deal compared to everywhere else we were considering.

Conditions were great today - you were right! The wind was a bit much at times, so I didn't even go to the top. Kept getting dragged to the park by the 6 year old anyway, so just skied off of Ramrod, Tiger and Pistol lifts. Would love to do a couple runs with you!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga