• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New Year New Me

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So I've just signed up to complete a 1200km walking challenge thats run by a NZ outdoors magazine and I'm just a bit excited about it, I may not be in a few weeks time but for now I'm all go !! It works out at 3.3km a day and it hasto be an intentional walk ie not just your normal day to day walking around.
Just completed my first 3.54km so not many to go :laughter: I did a 12km walk on Boxing day up the access road to Craigieburn Valley Ski Area and back but I dont think I should log that however if I'm 12km short at the end I sure as heck will be sneaking it in !!

Jilly

Staff member
Good for you. I did a paddling one during Covid which was the same distance as paddling the Rideau Canal here in Ontario. Long as you used a paddle. It could even be a paddling erg.

You are getting a nice medal at the end, aren't you?

Cpnwgsp

Certified Ski Diva
Good for you! I’ve heard there are some absolutely stunning walks in NZ. I’ve registered for a half marathon in July with a friend. I am more of a hiker than a runner, so this is a pretty big goal for me. Here’s to getting out there and doing new things in the new year!

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good for you. I did a paddling one during Covid which was the same distance as paddling the Rideau Canal here in Ontario. Long as you used a paddle. It could even be a paddling erg.

You are getting a nice medal at the end, aren't you?
Yes I do get a medal at the end so thats pretty cool :yahoo:

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good for you! I’ve heard there are some absolutely stunning walks in NZ. I’ve registered for a half marathon in July with a friend. I am more of a hiker than a runner, so this is a pretty big goal for me. Here’s to getting out there and doing new things in the new year!
I'm totally more of a hiker than a runner !! I have a friend who's got into marathon running and is loving it, let us know how you go x

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This sounds great. Sometimes I get in the headpsace that to be "fit" I have to strength train 3x / week and go to yoga and hike the dog 4 times and etc etc etc. You don't! You just have to move around a little bit every day.
Exactly !!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga