• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New Home Mountain, Female Friendly prices, New Race Team

tamlyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
On January 2nd my first USSA GS and SL are at Ragged Mountain, NH near Danbury. It is a t mountain complex with long winding beginners trail, 30% black Diamond, and plenty of challenging intermediate slopes as well as 30+ acers of glades.

But here is the neat part:
Lift tickets are $52
Monday is Ladies day and lifts are $29
Tuesday is 2 for one Lift Tickets
Wednesday is carload day, $99 lifts for all in a carload up to 8 people
Thursday anyone 55 or older gets senior pricing $29
Friday you get free chicken wings LOL

They have a corporate sponsored race program with an Adult race team as well as team raceing made up of teams of 6 from the whole
mountain team, These are all Dual SL races on a Nastar type course.
Part of the team are USSA Masters. They also have a complete juniors program.

I would never have thought to ski there except I wanted to see where the USSA/FIS races are being held.

I am really excited to finally find a place to train regularly, with USSA coaches and speed event training (this is always a problem because of the expense of course prep, and closing a popular run aptly named the FIS trail) and unliscenced skiiers complain when they want to run the course and are not permitted.

Raceing aside there is alot of really nice free skiing from fast chutes to bumps to glades. Beginners areas are segragated so other skiiers aren't skiing through it. Beginners trails are long and run from the top of both peaks. There is alot there for intermediates as well.

There are 3 terrain parks but I got the impression this is more a skiiers mountain. Here are the stats:

VERTICAL DROP: 1,250 ft.
TOTAL ACREAGE (trail and glade): 220
SNOWMAKING COVERAGE: 84%
NUMBER OF TRAILS: 45 (30% Novice, 40% Intermediate, 30% Expert)
LIFTS: 5 (One high-speed summit six-pack express, two triples, one double, one surface lift)
TERRAIN PARK: 3 (Wild Side, Wild Woods, & Wild Ride, plus new Learn to Slide Park))

Season pass is $499

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sounds like a great place to ski! Season's pass is reasonable, too... my pass for Sundown cost about the same and it's nowhere near as big.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna