• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New Boots!!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
So on Saturday I made the trek up to Ludlow to get new boots from Shon at The Boot Pro, who came super highly-recommended by a bunch of people. After getting boots that were kind of mediocre last time -- they hurt A LOT when I first got them and ended up giving me little bunions -- I decided it was worth taking a rainy Saturday to get boots that would fit really well.

My old boots were so done. I has somewhere in the neighborhood of 120 days in them, and those were almost all FULL days. Here they are at the ski shop:
4040734379_df13e4985a.jpg

I just left them there; I didn't even want them taking up space in my apartment and tempting me to put them on again. It's a little sad, right? I had a lot of good days in those boots. My feet, however, are probably making silent offerings of thanks right now for the fact that they will never have to spend another day in those boots.

So anyways! I ended up with a pair of women's Atomic Hawx 100's, which are by far the most stylish boots I have owned to date. :smile: They should be a pretty big jump up in stiffness. I also went down a shell size to 25 and got custom foot beds. They're pretty snug right now, but they should be awesome after a few days in them. My old boots felt cavernous in comparison. Apparently that's the reason I was getting the bunions -- my feet were just banging around in there.

Other things I learned during the ~2hrs Shon spent with me and my boots:
- My left leg is longer than my right leg
- My left arch is kind of flat
- My right foot is almost 1/2 size larger than my left foot

Pics of new boots soon! I am also taking bets on how many evenings I can wear them around my apartment before the downstairs neighbors complain. ;)

Jilly

Staff member
Isn't it a great feeling - fit and function in one!! Congrats!

That's the boot I'm thinking about next time. A few more years I think hopefully. I hate boot fitting!

lovebug

Certified Ski Diva
Whooohoooo! we tried to get you to leave them at A-basin last year. I see they made it all the way home and into storage before being offficial retired. Congrats! Hope you get lots of days on your new pair :smile:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
YAY!
I know how you feel. I loved it when I got my boots dialed in last year and was disappointed when the foot beds supported my arch enough that I needed to go down a size.

I can't wait to get into my new boots. Setting an apt with my boot guy to get them dialed in a few weeks.

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You are going to absolutely die when you see what new, high-performance, well-fitting boots do for you. I took the plunge with new boots about three years ago - including the full boot fitting and custom footbeds and everything. It was $$$ :eek:, but I can't believe how comfortable they are AND how awesome they perform.

Can't wait to hear your first review!

BTW...I have the same Frankenfoot problem - my left foot is about half a size shorter and significantly wider than my right. And I guess I have some really weird achilles tendons that make it hard to lock my heel down. No wonder I could never find a well-fitting boot!

Shannon D

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Woohoo!! I got new boots today too, BD Shivas for me. Switched out the liners that come with them for some Scarpa Intuition liners. We baked 'em and they fit like a dream. DH just got new tele boots, so we are going to have a boot wearing party tonight. Me and my new babies will hit the mountain for the first time on Saturday!!! I'm a very happy girl today!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga