• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

My Volkl Flairs were stolen. Now what?

Finn

Diva in Training
My volkl flair 78’s got snatched at the mountain this weekend so I’m in the market for a new kit. I liked their carving ability, weight and responsiveness. I’m an agressive skier- mostly skiing in east coast icy groomers. If I got tired and wasn’t working them- they reminded me to get back in it. So what next? I did a ton of reading and now that I have some west coast trips planned- I wanted an all around ski that would perform better in powder. I thought the blizzard black pearl 88’s would be too light for the conditions I’m on most. It’s also purple- which I can’t stand. (I know- kinda dumb)
Anyway- with my trip around the corner, I needed to jump on skis and bindings quickly. I went for the 2018 kenja’s from volkl with marker griffon bindings. I thought the 90cm waist width would be good for powder and off piste, while the edging would help me out in my normal conditions. I’m just worried about the stiffness and if that’s going to be an issue. Are these going to be harder to maneuver than my flairs? Those were only a camber/rocker tip with a flat tail. The kenja’s are rocker/camber/rocker with a rounded tail. I’m 5ft 8 140lbs int/expert skier. Got the 163 length. It’s my second pair of skis. I rented my whole life and those volkls that got pinched were my first big ski purchase.

newboots

Angel Diva
Welcome, @Finn! Happy to have you here. Others here may have some answers for you (I'm not qualified), so from me, saying "hey" :dance:

newboots

Angel Diva
Where In our lovely ice coast do you ski? I ski at Killington, sometimes Okemo.

Finn

Diva in Training
Where In our lovely ice coast do you ski? I ski at Killington, sometimes Okemo.
I live in NY- so hunter/windham for day trips. Going to Keystone/Breckenridge in CO soon.
We went up to Stratton for Christmas last year. I’ve heard good things about Killington and Okemo

newboots

Angel Diva
I hate that your skis got stolen! That’s awful. My BF separates his skis, far apart, sometimes putting them in pairs with mine. (His skis are more expensive than mine.). I always wonder if I should be locking mine.

Jilly

Staff member
So, are your skis covered under your household insurance policy? All of ours are. DH has his "exchanged" one day on the gondola. We submitted a claim and got our money for a new set. The insurance company has the serial #'s of all the skis.

This policy is separate from the regular policy so the deductible is lower.

mustski

Angel Diva
:welcome: I think you will like the Kenjas just fine. The 163 May feel a bit shorter than your flairs because they have more rocker, but it is such a stable ski that it shouldn’t be a problem.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Welcome and So sorry your skis were stolen. I'd suggest an atomic mid fat ski. Or the black pearls even though they are purple they are a great ski. Kenjas to me are stiff and not as playful as the flairs Rossi 84 experience are also nice for east and west.. demoing of course if you can. Would make flying west with just boots easy. I was in Taos and 4 women fell in love with BP's 88. On hardpacked and then powder..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga