• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Moving to God's Country

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The inside isn't done yet, such as we've even been using a 13" TV in the living room and our mattress is still on the floor, so I don't have much to share, but will post a couple more pics.

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is the main floor, furniture shoved out of the way to finish up with the painting. Tough to choose a color due to so many different types of wood, but this choice brought out pink streaks in the maple flooring and hickory cabinets, as well as pink flecks in the granite countertops.

WeAllSki004-sm.jpg

Spectacular sunrises are a dime a dozen.

WeAllSki014-sm.jpg

This is the master bedroom with mattress on the floor & lamp on a step stool. The bed has finally come in, just have to go pick it up. In the morning all you have to do to see the mountain is open your eyes.

WeAllSki028-sm.jpg

Snowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Beautiful!!!!

KarenD

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How cool--we'll be neighbors, at least for the few weeks a year I'll be out there before my husband and I retire and can spend months at a time in the mountains.

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Only one room in the house doesn't have the view--unfortunately, it's the guest room.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nice, but where's my room????? :p

Only one room in the house doesn't have the view--unfortunately, it's the guest room.
I'm sure Wendy will survive the tragedy of no mt view.
Wendy?

QQ, I'm so very excited for you. Its amazing and inspirational to see people like you realize a dream. Good on ya!!!

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Just being nosy... Since I live in Spokane, I am wondering if you retired to or are working in Sandpoint. I know that some kinds of jobs are hard to come by, but it really depends on what you do.

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I work in Coeur d'Alene, one week on, one week off so am on the mountain half time. My husband works in Sandpoint in outdoor gear retail so lives on the mountain full time. If it's my work week he'll call and describe the sunrises and what fun the two cats are having running up and down the stairs.

Marigee

Angel Diva
Beautiful house QQ - inside and out! Love the pic of the sunrise.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I've been the area for nigh on 20 years. While I don't know CDA that well, don't hesitate to contact me if you need something re The City (haha) Spokane.

geargrrl

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I work in Coeur d'Alene, one week on, one week off so am on the mountain half time. My husband works in Sandpoint in outdoor gear retail so lives on the mountain full time. If it's my work week he'll call and describe the sunrises and what fun the two cats are having running up and down the stairs.

If you have an open handrail, try getting one of those mylar helium balloons for the cats. A little off topic, I know, but hours of entertainment if you put the string outside the handrail, they will drag it up the stairs through the rail and it's hillarious to watch.

abc

Banned
If you have an open handrail, try getting one of those mylar helium balloons for the cats. A little off topic, I know, but hours of entertainment if you put the string outside the handrail, they will drag it up the stairs through the rail and it's hillarious to watch.
Having trouble visualizing that. Where's the bolloon and where the string?

(I love cats)

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So random my post....

Anyway, if you counterweight the balloon with something like a plastic ring from the top of a milk jug, the balloon will neither float up or go down to the floor. So take the string and place it on the opposite side of the handrail from the stairs, they will cue in on the counter weight. In a *modern* handrail, the spaces are too small for the balloon to come through, and the cat for the most part. ( I have one that would fall through, but that's another story ) Anyway it's hillarious watching them figure out how to finagle it around the spindles and get the balloon to the top of the stairs. Oddly most do but then just abandon the balloon at the top and wait til someone puts it back downstairs for them so they can start over.

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Too bad my railings are solid, I'd love to give it a try! And thanks for the offer, geargrrl, I might take you up on it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga