• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mid-Atlantic/SE skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC) for 2017-18

marzNC

Angel Diva
The SkiSE snowfall table for 3/22 showed that this storm was good for VA, as well as NC. WV almost always does the best so that's no surprise. Although measuring new snow in FEET for the month of March isn't that common.

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 7.09.32 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Roundtop closing Sunday, with awesome snow. Liberty closing Saturday, March 31. So much snow! Too bad people just stop coming out...
When Mid-A ski areas can close on a high note at the end of March, that's better than hanging on into April for the diehards. At least from a business and perception perspective. With webcams, Facebook, and Instagram these days, visuals of half melted slopes in the spring aren't likely to encourage newbies to check out skiing or snowboarding even at discounted late season rates.

Marigee

Angel Diva
With Whitetail looking for a better water supply, might that mean they may make some progress on a planned cruiser from the top of the express chair, that will deposit skiers on the beginner quad to get back to base? My instructor there was telling me about this trail and I would love to see it happen.

All sorts of rumors about this are flying around at Whitetail and have been for several years. This year talk is louder and more persistent.

The problem with Whitetail staying open until April 1 is lack of workers. The international students went back mid-March. With next week being Spring Break for most of the area, many workers will be on vacation, volunteer and paid. To be honest, it is extremely unusual for Whitetail to be open past mid-March, so many people go ahead and plan ski trips the last week of March.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Wisp is testing out the idea of a early bird special. Wisp launched a season pass sale today call “Mission: Affordable.” From now through April 15, only $269 for a 2018/2019 season pass with no blackout days.

Wisp plans to be open on Fri, 3/30 for a final weekend.

KristinB

Certified Ski Diva
A bit jealous of my western friends who are still skiing....

Wintergreen is offering Mission Affordable for 2018/2019 for 259.
  • Every Monday-Friday, all hours
  • Saturdays and holiday periods beginning at 4 pm
  • Non-Holiday Sundays, all hours
  • Holiday Mondays (Martin Luther King, Presidents Day), all hours

marzNC

Angel Diva
A bit jealous of my western friends who are still skiing....

Wintergreen is offering Mission Affordable for 2018/2019 for 259.
  • Every Monday-Friday, all hours
  • Saturdays and holiday periods beginning at 4 pm
  • Non-Holiday Sundays, all hours
  • Holiday Mondays (Martin Luther King, Presidents Day), all hours
Interesting that Wintergreen is finally offering some skiing on Saturdays to people who don't own property there. Although starting at 4pm means that Highlands (high speed lift for only black trails) isn't an option. Unless they have a plan to install lights over there.

The Special Value Pass that Massanutten has had for years includes all of the same dates/times as the Wintergreen Mission Affordable pass. Same price. Makes a difference for me that 100% of the trails at Massanutten are lit, including the black runs from the summit.

KristinB

Certified Ski Diva
I wish the Wintergreen pass did not have blackouts on weekends....I understand it though. I did not do the Snowshoe pass this year either - excluding the kids on it did not make it worth it for us since we only ski there a few days a year. Still ready for ski season to begin though! :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga