• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Michigan Girls

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How long are we going to have to wait? :noidea::frusty::( Last year they were skiing on Thanksgiving weekend and this year there is NO snow in sight. :noidea: What do you northern girls think? What's the latest the resorts have ever had to wait to open?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We have reservations at Crystal Mountain for Thanksgiving weekend, both for the Thanksgiving buffet and for our family time at the condo over night, but I'm not sure it will be worth it. :(

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are they even MAKING snow yet? :sad

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nope. And forecasts for the next 2 weeks has highs in the 40's and 50's so far. Grrrrrr.... :frusty:

The latest opening I remember was the 2nd weekend in December. I don't think I can wait that long!!!:Cry:

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know. :(:frusty:

Jenny

Angel Diva
I was thinking about this, too. Last year we skiied the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend, on our way back from Alpena, which was the earliest I've ever been on the slopes. At this rate, we'll be lucky to get anything in before Christmas.

perma-grin

Instructor PSIA L 3, APD Alpine Ski training MHSP
Last year we opened Mt. Holly on the 17th of November! I don't think we are going to ski before Thanksgiving this year. Had been planning on skiing Boyne Mtn for Thanksgiving now I guess we'll have to settle for a trail ride in the morning with orange ribbons on the horses for deer hunters.

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
so much for going home to eat turkey and ski! maybe christmas will be a better time. We had an extremely hot summer down here, finally our first cold front came through this weekend (just in time for my 1/2marathon) Cadillac girls, I will try to catch up with you all around christmas:smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna