• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Michele Obama goes skiing!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
She and the girls are spending President's Day at Vail! (Go here.)

Seems that the girls took lessons at Liberty in PA in 2010 and really liked it.

It's just a matter of time before you-know-what happens: She turns into a SKI DIVA!!! :becky:

SO -- any of our Colorado Divas spot her?

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Aww, I wanted to see pics!

You never know, she might come on here and ask for a few tips :laugh:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
With all the user names, she could be here already!!! :bounce:

Hey, Michelle!!!!!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This just reinforces my decision not to ski there this weekend. Can you imagine what a crazy scene that must be between ooglers and Secret Service and such?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As someone whose first ski experience was at Liberty (or was it Roundtop? I think it was Liberty!), and who (vaguely) remembers her first time at Vail - they're in for a treat! .... and if they're anything like me, will subsequently be ruined for any Pennsylvania skiing.

1Koolemom

Certified Ski Diva
I saw the article in paper. Thought it was nice to choose Vail over other Ski Resorts :cool: but would not want to be amongst all the delays & can you really enjoy day on slopes w/the President's Wife & 2 daughter & Secret Service Agents around. Hmm.

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wonder if they try to blend in, or do they look like ski patrol, except more mysterious :cool:

I've always imagined they'd look like the Russian agents pursuing James Bond in the opening sequence of "The Spy Who Loved Me" - but with concealed weapons. And dark goggles instead of dark glasses, even in flat light.

Rough assignment!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've always imagined they'd look like the Russian agents pursuing James Bond in the opening sequence of "The Spy Who Loved Me" - but with concealed weapons. And dark goggles instead of dark glasses, even in flat light.

Rough assignment!

The father of my husband's 5th grade girlfriend ;-) was a secret service agent assigned to ski with President Ford when he was at Vail and Beaver Creek. Yeah, rough assignment!

I don't know about the skiing ones, but I used to see them when I lived in DC, and they didn't blend in all that well. Maybe some did, but I remember the ones at Gore's daughters' soccer games (I coached a girls' team while I was there, middle school ages, approx.), and it was very obvious who they were. I guess it depends on the setting. We were at a private girls school in horse country, lots of tweedy parents and Volvos. Yeah, the guys in windbreakers and polyester jeans and dark glasses ....:laugh:

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think it would be a blast trying to out run the secret service on the slopes! But as for M.O. being a SkiDiva, given what she said about not using social media a few weeks ago, I doubt she'll be dropping by looking for ski tips.

Although she would be most welcome if she did!

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This just reinforces my decision not to ski there this weekend. Can you imagine what a crazy scene that must be between ooglers and Secret Service and such?

I can't imagaine how they made the area secure for them to ski. One of the busiest weekends of the season and did the secret service have to clear Vista Bahn so they could ride safely???

I'm with you...so glad I was no where near the Vail Valley!

Jilly

Staff member
Last year I was at NSIA at Tremblant. (NSIA is like the demo that SkiDiva is going to this week). I stopped at the pitch on Beauvallon. There was a women skiing in front with 2 instructors. Yup, some Saudi princess. One was an instructor, the other the body guard. Not a busy time midweek. I was asked to move on.

Michael Douglas has a place at Tremblant. He usually skis with 2 "ski instructors" too.

As for our Canadian PM, I know of a RCMP officer that has a few trips to Whistler on the Canadian taxpayer. All because he skis and so did Chretien.

ScottishSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I saw some pics of Michelle Obama getting her tickets checked at the Eagle Bahn. It didn't look like she or the kids had ski boots on, nor were they carrying any skis.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When Prince Albert of Monaco was driving a bobsled in competition, his teammates were also his security team. They were a great group of guys - always aware of the surroundings, but always interacting with the people working the races.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I saw some pics of Michelle Obama getting her tickets checked at the Eagle Bahn. It didn't look like she or the kids had ski boots on, nor were they carrying any skis.
At the top of the Eagle Bahn is a beginner area along with a large lodge etc. It is conceivable that for security reasons they decided to boot up etc up there rather than down in the mass at the base.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga