• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mammoth April 15-18

Beli_Grrl

Certified Ski Diva
What a great trip skiing Mammoth with Barbara (skibumforever), Debbie (skithesierras), Darcy (Windee), and some of Barbara's other friends from Mammoth. I think we even made a new Diva recruit who will be joining soon.

Let me take a shot at posting a first photo, see how it goes, and will post others under this thread when I get it figured out.
25451_1432265644322_1163310416_31257021_458369_n.jpg

In this picture, Young and Wayne are the 2 men (we had a couple male crashers who only enhanced the party!), that's me in the middle, Beth next to me (potential new Diva), and Barbara on the right.

The snow was particularly good Thursday and Friday as there had been some recent powder. It wasn't bad at all for late season the whole weekend.

Mammoth is still my favorite place to ski and I'm looking forward to returning often next year, and maybe even once more this year.

Special thanks to Barbara for getting this thing together. I enjoyed meeting everyone so much. Just as I suspected, Divas are some really special people. :grouphug:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Very nice! :clap:
Great pics, thanks for sharing.
"Mammoth Diva Day!" :smile:
Looks fantastic out there.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for posting the pics. I still love Mammoth, even though I haven't skied there in over a decade. I hope to make a trip back there next year for a weekend. A great mountain with so many different types of terrain.
It sounds like you all had a great time. Mammoth in Spring was always a special time.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
More pictures and commentary to follow. I am buried in an avalanche of paperwork after 9 straight days of skiing. :loco:

All I can say is that we all had an excellent time and I hope we can do this again next season with more Divas. Everyone was so nice and such great skiers! :yahoo:

Best trip of the year for me due to the company. :grouphug:

Beli, thanks for starting the TR thread.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Some pictures of the week:

Monday it snowed and Tuesday was a bluebird day with light powder and few people:

diva2.jpg

diva3.jpg

Mammoth has gotten so much snow this seaon that you can ski straight onto the 3rd floor deck! Over 500" and it is still snowing. :clap:

diva1.jpg

Wednesday was a perfect packed powder day with almost no one on the mountain. This shot was taken about 9 am. Beautiful snow, but where are the skiers? Don't worry, Windee and Beli will be here tomorrow. :becky:

diva4.jpg

I've skied past this view a hundred times without taking a picture. Seeing it through the eyes of the Divas made me take note of how beautiful it is and how I have come to take these vistas for granted. Thanks, ladies. :grouphug:

diva5.jpg

I didn't take many photos all week, too busy skiing with my new friends. However, I will post some pictures of Sunday's pond skimming later. :chillpill:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love to see stuff like this!!!
BudHeishman, a friend and boot fitter from EpicSki keeps telling me that I need to visit him out there and hit Mammoth.......
And they're open until the 4th of July......
[checking FFM's]

skithesierras

Angel Diva
Just now getting a chance to post... Beli... thanks for starting the thread and posting pics! SB4E, did you stay for the new snow this week? (Did you convince WinDee to stay for the new snow?)

It was such a great weekend! It was great meeting and skiing with all of you! :grouphug:

I'm reliving it looking at the pictures and wishing I was still up there this week because it's snowing again! :drool: Thanks again SB4E for setting it all up!

Debbie

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Debbie, I wish we could have stayed. DH had surgeon appoinment on Weds.

Windee left Monday morning. She wanted to be sure she got to Reno before the storm.

I skied Monday with my other friends Carol and Ken (powderpig).

We drove home Monday night and will probably drive up again about 4/28. We are hoping for another storm before we ski again. :thumbsup:

When are you coming back??? :grouphug:

SnowHot, come on out!!!!!!!!!! Good snow and fun skiing await you.

Windee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Divas @ Mammoth..

Hi to all..
Yup, the Divas did have one good time this past week!
It's so true that skiers are the best bunch of people! :clap:
And, THESKIDIVA has made it SO easy to make new friends.. just give it a try, go meet up w/ another Diva or two, and enjoy yourself!
The Mammoth meetup was a dream come true for me - a ski week at a new mtn., w/out the DH (sorry, honey! ) connecting w/ others who share the very same passion!
SKiBum - you are just the best - thank you isn't enough!
Beli - you completely blow me away - keep it happenin'.
And to ALL other Divas - when this meetup happens again, get your butts to Mammoth! It's one amazing place..
Hated to leave the place, it was such great skiing and so many friendly folks there, and one looong ride home..
Didn't take one pic - too busy skiing to remember the cam, but I know that Beli & SkiBum will take up the slack!
Happy Spring to all - skis are put away :( now off to mow the lawn.. :fear:

VTskiDiva

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Beautiful!!! I still haven't skied Mammoth and all of the TRs you ladies post just make me want to go even more. We visited during the summer last year and it looked like an awesome place. Thanks for sharing! :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna