• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Looking Towards Winter...

C

CMCM

OK, I know it's mid summer, but I have to admit I'm looking towards winter already! I'm doing my mountain biking summer thing and really enjoying the MILD summer we are having...perfect for biking and all that stuff, enjoying the summer clothing...but I'll admit to looking somewhat longingly at the first snowfall of the next season. I was even looking at my skis the other day! My local hill (lots of snowguns) is predicting an early October opening...and I'll admit to being ready for it!! I haven't skied since early May and already I'm missing it!:dance:

Witchery

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes I know the feeling! I've already bought new skis, rented a unit, bought lift tickets, organised flights and annoyed the hell out of my husband !! I've been watching some of my ski dvd's and looked longingly at the Canada Goose website. (hoping to buy a nice jacket this year). Bring on the ski season!! Woop woop!!

abc

Banned
One diva's floor is another diva's ceiling.

Being a cyclist first and skier second, it's too early for me to really think of winter. Until it gets too cold to ride, I won't really be motivated to ski. For now, I'm perfectly happy with ride/kayak/hike/camp...

I would plan and strategize, in between planning of cycling & kayaing trips :smile: but it's not quite the same as looking forward.

cwmscm

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love summertime but I can't help wondering what kind of winter we are going to have in 2010/2011, or how much skiing I'll be doing. In short, skiing is still in the back of my mind.

Skise

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My local hill (lots of snowguns) is predicting an early October opening...and I'll admit to being ready for it!!

I'm jealous... Ruka probably will open in October (in the last 20 years they have only once opened in November), at the moment they are aiming for mid October. My "local" hill (only 3 hours away) may not open until December. Last year they got their first "real" run open in late November (and that was just the first one, a blue) then some more for Christmas and the rest just before the new year.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Official temp this morning (according to the Weather Network) in St. Jovite (between here and Tremblant): 3 degrees C!! It was a chilly night and I had to get my duvet out. YAY!!

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm antsy about it as well, but it makes it even worse that just about when ski season starts my life will be changing greatly and i will be moving across the country, quitting my job, and skiing full time for the winter.

All of that makes me a very impatient girl!

SuZieCoyote

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jones'in Soooo Bad

I dream about skiing. Can't wait. I have one goal for the coming season:

Last season I had a bf who didn't ski. The relationship didn't make it through May. :yield: Now have a different bf, who also doesn't ski. :noidea: but he does ride motorcycles very, very fast and is a good mountain biker, so... :eyebrows: one more opportunity to get through a ski season with a relationship intact. (Hasn't happened yet, but I am hopeful, if not completely optimistic.) Hah.

I think my condition is called "incorrigible."

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm antsy about it as well, but it makes it even worse that just about when ski season starts my life will be changing greatly and i will be moving across the country, quitting my job, and skiing full time for the winter.

Where are you going?

VTskiDiva

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

How exciting! We are making similar moves this season, except I am not lucky enough to be able to be a full time ski bum!! I think I remember reading that you are gonna be in CO. Where did you decide on moving? Please keep me updated on all of your adventures! :clap:

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I will be in Breckenridge, providing I can find a place to live. I have the Epicpass so will be skiing all of the Summit county resorts. The hubs will reside in Colorado Springs for his job during the week, and join me on the weekends! He might try and swing a 4-day week, since I won't be around he may be able to work longer hours and take the Friday or Monday off to join me.

I am very excited, nervous, etc. I told my managment that I won't be here past the end of the year, so now it is just a matter of waiting to find out when his relocation package comes through and/or finding a rental out at Breck!

Thanks all for your well wishes, I will surely be posting more once we get closer to it and get away from the stress of selling thehouse!

VTskiDiva

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Kimmyt....That sounds awesome!!!! I lived in Breck for a few months back in 06 as a full time ski bum too! It was great!!!!! You will love it. I am sure you will find a place to live. I dunno if you have checked these places as far as rentals go but be sure to look on craigslist and summitdaily.com (you are probably thinking "duh!") When we lived there we rented a mother in law apt attached to a gorgeous house just outside of Breck almost to Blue River. It was great but sometimes i did wish that we lived in town. You will have so much fun getting to know those resorts. We will have to meet up for a few runs sometime as I know I will be skiing the summit county resorts at least a few days once we get out there. Good Luck!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I will be in Breckenridge, providing I can find a place to live. I have the Epicpass so will be skiing all of the Summit county resorts. The hubs will reside in Colorado Springs for his job during the week, and join me on the weekends! He might try and swing a 4-day week, since I won't be around he may be able to work longer hours and take the Friday or Monday off to join me.

I am very excited, nervous, etc. I told my managment that I won't be here past the end of the year, so now it is just a matter of waiting to find out when his relocation package comes through and/or finding a rental out at Breck!

Thanks all for your well wishes, I will surely be posting more once we get closer to it and get away from the stress of selling thehouse!

I hope to meet up with you this winter!

My running coach asked me last night when I start looking forward to ski season. I said I already am. We were running hills and I kept thinking this darn hill is going to make my mogul skiing better. :eyebrows:

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We were running hills and I kept thinking this darn hill is going to make my mogul skiing better. :eyebrows:

That was totally my mindset when I was doing a winter maintenance program a few years ago....there were nights we'd be doing intervals into the frigid wind on the Nat'l Mall (read: huge plains in the middle of the city), and my mantra would be "this is for skiing, this is for skiing...." :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna