• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Looking for ski jacket & pants for VERY long arms & legs

Jenny

Angel Diva
I've seen some Nils pants that are quite long. IIRC they had adjustable length legs (didn't look at how they did that) and looked very nice, but they were just plain black so I didn't try them on. Their website shows a long and a long plus for a couple of styles.

For reference, I have a 33.5" inseam and they looked long even to me.

heather matthews

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Volcom jackets and Roxy pants work for me.They both have length but are still slim fitting.Oh I'm 183cm(6 foot) and choices have always been limited but are getting better.

BethL

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I also have trouble finding jackets and pants that are long enough. A few years ago I finally found a jacket that works - the Outdoor Research Women's Aspenglow Jacket. I found it on sale at SierraTradingPost. It has very light insulation, so I usually add a warm layer (down when it's really cold) underneath. The Arcteryx jackets seems to have long arms; that's one of the base layers that I have.

For pants, I have two pair of North Face pants. They're a little short but work fine with ski boots. The pants do not get caught in the bindings (since they're a little short) which is good.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
My daughter is closing in on 5'11", I am 5'9", and we both have very long arms. She has a nearly 35" inseam whereas mine is more like 33". She wears a size 2 or 4, xx-long at American Eagle...one of the only places she can get pants!

The North Face makes long in some pants. My daughter wears the Small/Long LRBC. She would like them to be longer, but they work.

We both do well in Patagonia and some of TNF jackets. She has the Powder Bowl shell in size S and I have it in size M, we both have insulated layers from Patagonia too - Nano, Nano Air. I have a down TNF that is amazingly long in the sleeves. The FlyLow Billie is a really nice shell jacket, but I would have liked to put the size L length (sleeve/body) on the M. I have an Arcteryx Stingray shell from years ago and the sleeve length is fine on that, but all their newer offerings are too short.

On my some day wish list is a Norrona jacket. Backcountry sells the brand, and the length on the Roldal makes me swoon....as does the price tag.

Last edited:

QCskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm 5'10 and usually wear a size 6. My pants are Helly Hansen. They are a little short but in ski boots you don't notice it as much. My jacket is from Louis Garneau and it is long enough in the arms.

veronicarella

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm always in search of longer pants as well. The North Face is one of the few brands that sell pants in tall, regular and petite. Recently I also tried Peak Performance and find their pants slightly longer than other brands too.

As for jacket, I'm not much help there because I have short T-Rex arms (according to one of my ski instructors). :-D

CrystalRose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I thought I would add my find here for other tall women. Athleta has a ski pant that has a 35.5" inseam. I haven't purchased them so I don't know how they fit or if they are warm/waterproof enough.

Also Gap sells tall/long inseams for everyday wear.

But "long" and "tall" are different on their site. Long is 34" and Tall is 36"

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I swear I thought I answered this. Anyway, longest pants I've seen are Arc'teryx Sentinels in a tall, I have three pairs. Legit 35" inseam. I have OR and Peak Performance, as well, and they are just a touch shorter but great.

My arms are long but not that long, so it's not such an issue with jackets, but again, anything with a Euro or climbing pedigree is usually pretty good.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I thought I would add my find here for other tall women. Athleta has a ski pant that has a 35.5" inseam. I haven't purchased them so I don't know how they fit or if they are warm/waterproof enough.

Also Gap sells tall/long inseams for everyday wear.

But "long" and "tall" are different on their site. Long is 34" and Tall is 36"
On the Gap site? I believe (but I could be wrong) for them long means longer legs only while tall means both longer rise and longer legs. Banana Republic tall, OTOH, means the same as Gap long. And yet, they're related companies, go figure.

The Black Swan

Diva in Training
I work for Peter Glenn Ski and Sports . Here are the following recommendations for long legs...
1. FERA comes in long. Amazing fit and probably our best seller in pants. There are the Heather style and the Niseko style and Lucy style. Check them out at www.peterglenn.com
2. Nils brand come in Long.
3. Boulder Gear stretch pant come in long
4. Spyder as well
5. Obermeyer pants come in long too
Jackets...
1. Arcteryx and Helly Hansen the Powder Queen Jacket specifically some Obermeyer such as Kitzbuhel

CrystalRose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
On the Gap site? I believe (but I could be wrong) for them long means longer legs only while tall means both longer rise and longer legs. Banana Republic tall, OTOH, means the same as Gap long. And yet, they're related companies, go figure.

Yes the website, I believe none of the stores carries the longest length (except maybe Banana Republic but I rarely buy from them). I know I have never personally seen a "Tall" in Old Navy or Gap. I had to double check but your right every store is different.

Old Navy: Long= 34" Tall=36"
Gap= Long 36" Tall= 40"!
Banana Republic: seems to only have Tall=36"

And all of this is for pant inseams. I know Old Navy and Gap sell tall shirts as well and they are both longer for the torso and longer in the arm length, I can't speak for BR. I've even bought the tall dresses and they seem to just hit right above the knee (give or take) instead of becoming a mini, but there's nothing wrong if that's the look you like.

So I suggest checking the size guide/the item's dimensions because every store is doing their own thing.

Jenny

Angel Diva
What else could be annoying is that the Banana Republic talls that I've had shrink in length a LOT with the first couple of washes. Fortunately for me, that means they then fit exactly right after that. (I only need leg length, not rise.)

I can sometimes find a longs in Gap stores, but not always. And the length is very inconsistent between pairs, and between what is in the store and online. So much so that the last time I got jeans I ordered four pairs and tried on three others from two different stores. Ended up with one pair.

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just bought (and then returned) some Outdoor Research shell pants that were too long. They were a size large though, so if you're very slender they might not work for you. I can't remeber the specific pant, but they were made of a very light weight material (still water repellent and windproof). I wish they had fit me. The mediums were not as long but a little snug in the waist.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga