• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Looking for neon yellow (or other neon) snow pants

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last year, when I was at my largest, I bought a pair of men's size large Mountain Hardwear snowpants in Safety Yellow. They were ridiculously long on me, so I rolled them up 4-6", but they were a big hit with everyone because I was easy to find and follow in a whiteout. I could also wear as many layers as I wanted tucked into my pants without issue.

I'm shrinking (yay!), and these pants are now crazy big for me in all dimensions. I've gifted them to my 6' husband, on whom they are also fairly big, but at least the length is right. They look amazing and I am jealous. I don't know, though, why they are quite so crazy long.

So now I want a pair of neon pants - yellow, green, orange, whatever - that will be highly visible and also fit me.

Most of my bulk seems to have fallen off my legs, so that for example my supposedly baggy-fit XL women's OR Igneo pants *just* fit my waist now (they wouldn't fit with layers, but I'm still losing weight), but are roomy throughout the leg. The size medium men's Burtons, snowboarding pants that I bought a few years ago when I was at my target size, are still too tight around the waist, but baggy in the legs. Those are actually about the right length, though, maybe barely a smidge too long.

Soooo anyway if you come by neon pants in men's or women's sizes, could you post them here? I'll be searching, too, but more eyes on the lookout would help.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
PS I really mean neon/high-vis, not just yellow, orange, green. The kind of thing that you can follow through a whiteout.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Dang, I know I've seen some pretty bright neon yellowy-green ones already this year. Just gotta remember what brand!

mustski

Angel Diva
I hear you on the baggy legs issue. That's the type of build I have also. My tightest area is also in the waist and by the time that fit is comfortable, everything else is baggy. Congrats on the weight loss. That is awesome!

RuthB

Angel Diva
Obermeyer has several really nice neon pants - the women's rally is neon rather than yellow and there are several mens options too

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I hear you on the baggy legs issue. That's the type of build I have also. My tightest area is also in the waist and by the time that fit is comfortable, everything else is baggy. Congrats on the weight loss. That is awesome!

I should mention I am *fine* with baggy, as long as I can close the waist comfortably over layers.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Obermeyer has several really nice neon pants - the women's rally is neon rather than yellow and there are several mens options too

Any thoughts on sizing? I like that they actually have numeric sizes, but by their chart I should be an 18, which I suspect isn't correct unless they size small.

These *may* be neon, but I suspect they're just bright yellow like @RachelV 's ... https://obermeyer.com/catalog/women/turin-pant.html

RuthB

Angel Diva
The Turin look yellow to me too and there was a definite difference in the yellow and neon. I don't have experience with pants sizing, except for kids sizing - and that was generous. I bought a mens impact jacket in a small which looks to be roughly equivalent to a womens medium and it feels really generously sized - definitely not sized small. I think that I tried on some womens jackets and they were generously sized, but went with the mens because of the colour choice, the extra length in the and I got a great deal on it. I'd go with the 16 to start with rather than an 18

Jenny

Angel Diva
It's been a few (ok, many) years but my Obermeyers are a 10, which let me tuck in a couple of thin layers. And I do remember they were bigger than I was expecting to have to buy, too, which somewhat bothered me at the time, but I had no idea how ski clothes were sized back then.

(For comparison, my jeans are usually a 6 and I believe my Obermeyers still fit.)

mustski

Angel Diva
I've never tried the pants but I have a woman's jacket. I am usually either a medium or a large depending on the brand. The Obermeyer jacket is a snug medium fit - no room for layers.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think it's moot as Obermeyer doesn't actually have anything high-vis in their lineup.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have you checked ebay? I really don't remember seeing much actual neon out since a couple years ago, but I bet you could get some vintage 90s stuff for cheap

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That ... Doesn't sound likely to be waterproof.

The pants I had, I bought last year at REI. They can't be impossible to find!

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I saw several pairs of neon ski pants at Outdoor Divas by the WF in Boulder. Variety of brands (no shells, all insulated if that matters). Not sure what sizes they have in stock.

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I saw the title of your post I immediate thought, "Oh, Mountain Hardwear had those Safety Yellow pants!"....so we are at least on the same page. The men's Patagonia Powder Bowl pants came in the bright yellow last year, available in large here. When I searched Google shopping the yellow was appearing in different shades depending on the site; I'm not sure if they are as bright as you would like. I vaguely remember seeing them at the Patagonia Outlet a few weeks ago, so if you know anyone in Reno maybe they can scope for you :smile:

Speaking of, I was also happy to read that others are buying men's ski gear as we wait around for more variety in women's gear. On said trip to Outlet I picked up a pair of men's Pow Slayer bibs for under $100 not because I needed another pair of black bibs, but mostly because it was too good of a deal to pass up.

I also thought of these Eider pants that I picked up on Gear Trade at the end of last season. More of an Electric Blue than neon blue maybe? But still pretty visible? Haven't worn them outside of the house yet so I can't speak to their performance, but that four-way stretch sure is comfortable.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So uhhh .. I was "helping" @Kimmyt shop at REI when I ran across Arcteryx women's GoreTex pants *in the clearance rack* in my size! And in a pretty bright yellow-green, although perhaps not quite neon. I did not expect to ever find Arcteryx pants on sale in my size there. Which of course still makes them more expensive than any other pants I own. They fit nicely over my jeans ... I will be trying them on over a more realistic ski outfit shortly.

Stay tuned!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah. Definitely keeping these. It's hard to take a picture of the pants you're wearing!

qyjuzare.jpg
ajugubus.jpg

RuthB

Angel Diva
Yeah, glad that you found them and they look like they fit really nicely. I've seen that colour-way on someone I skied with for a few days and it's a really nice colour.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna