• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Liberty V76w

Divegirl

Angel Diva
I have been looking to replace my K2 Potion 74Ti - they have full metal and are getting too heavy for my arthritic knees. I have the Liberty V82w and love them - I have been poking around looking for a pair of V76w and finally found a pair of 2022 V76w. Does anyone here have the V76w - thoughts on them? I'm am intermediate, east coast skier, short (5' 2") but on the very heavy side and I prefer groomers. No bumps, trees or off-piste at least not intentionally. I would go for the 158 length. I have been thinking of demoing the Dynastar E-lite 8s and the Head Super Joy but these V76ws are hard to find and Liberty seems to have discontinued this line.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here are some great reviews of the 76W.

It was a Tester's Choice winner of ours.

Basil

Certified Ski Diva
I have them and really like them too! I have the 165 but I'm 5'5".
I'm not sure how different they will feel than the v82 that you already own?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the Liberty V82w and love them - I have been poking around looking for a pair of V76w and finally found a pair of 2022 V76w.
FWIW I liked the V76 a little better than the 82 for it quickness and snappy response.
Mind you, I do like the 82 but the 76 holds a special place in my heart.

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
Calling @diymom to the courtesy phone.
I borrowed her of pair V76w 158s at Taos last year for a couple of days. They helped me progress in bumps for reasons that are unclear, except maybe that snappy response ^^ and low swing weight. I was hoping they’d help me carve more/better but that didn’t happen. My usual skis are BP88 159. I’m 5’5” 140. I’m advanced, but I don’t ski fast. I think they’d be great for 5’2” heavier intermediate who skis groomers. I liked them a lot. They’re hard to find (I’ve looked). I think you can’t go wrong. Maybe you should reach out to @diymom, as she has ‘em and likes to collect and compare skis.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Thank you the replies. FOr the time being I will keep an eye on these and continue looking into the Dynastar E-lite 8 and the Head Super Joy.

@SnowHot - I did read the review on Ski Talk. I should have mentioned it. Followup question - I believe you ski out west. Would your assessment of the V76w also hold for the East Coast?

@Basil - I would use these when it is very cold and very firm. I also like to ski narrow NE trails and a narrow waist is really good on these trails.

@DebbieSue - I forgot DIYmom has these and I do have to catch up w/ her.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I have them too - I think we skied our matching Liberty skis at Diva East last year. Nothing to add other than I like them, they’ve helped me progress, and I have zero plans to cycle them out of my quiver anytime soon!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the Liberty V82w and love them - I have been poking around looking for a pair of V76w and finally found a pair of 2022 V76w.
You have the 82w and like them, you found some 76w's and since they haven't made them in a few years and won't be making any more. The consensus here is that they are really good. The clock is ticking on the pair that you found, I suggest you grab them before someone else does, then you are back at square one.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got an email for the Liberty line up this past week. They had the 76w last year but it is gone again this year. I still love mine. They are my go to for Wawa. They hold a good edge when it is skied off, but still fun in the spring too. You may remember my story of when I first skied them they had a bad tune and I barely made it down Ralphs. (So glad I had my SAs in the car that day!) But a visit to SkiMd changed everything. Depending on price I say grab them while you can. I'm guessing you will like them since you like the 82, but if you don't it should be easy enough to find a new home for them.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got an email for the Liberty line up this past week. They had the 76w last year but it is gone again this year. I still love mine. They are my go to for Wawa. They hold a good edge when it is skied off, but still fun in the spring too. You may remember my story of when I first skied them they had a bad tune and I barely made it down Ralphs. (So glad I had my SAs in the car that day!) But a visit to SkiMd changed everything. Depending on price I say grab them while you can. I'm guessing you will like them since you like the 82, but if you don't it should be easy enough to find a new home for them.
We spent some time with the folks at Liberty in the spring to talk about their current line up.
As much as I (and many ) loved the V line it didn't have the sales they had hoped for. Their core skiers still look for skis that are 90+.
The same rings true for DPS. Two of my favorite skis with DPS were the Trainers 76 an the Pagoda Piste 94C. Niether of those skis had a ton of sales and are being cut from the line in favor of wider skis. :(

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Thank you everyone - looks like I will be the proud owner of the V76w. They will allow me to start retiring my K2s.

@ilovepugs - I remember us at Sugarbush - I had forgotten.
@diymom - Thanks for the reminder also. The 82s have become my go to skis and replaced my K2 Potions.
@SnowHot - Sorry to hear that Liberty is completely dropping the "narrower" skis. I would think the market would be there since the V82 and V76 are so hard to find. I have never liked a ski over 88 width - demo'd several in the 90s and 100s and hated everyone no matter who made them, conditions, length. I am just a "narrow" ski person.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
The V76w made their maiden voyage today and they are wonderful. I wanted as perfect a day as I good get to test them out and that was today. Cold, snow was groomed sugar on hardpack w/ some slick spots, softened a bit in the late morning and no snowmaking going on. They felt so good - not to heavy, just heavy enough. Been using their big sister the 82s - loved them in the crappy stuff we've had so far.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna