• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Let it snow already!

Skisailor

Angel Diva
Take heart!

. . . even down this way in the Poconos mts of PA they are calling for colder temps as the weekend approaches with snow showers and below freezing temps at night.

Maybe things are finally starting to change - i.e. once this horrible drizzly, foggy low pressure system gets out of here, the back side is supposed to be colder.

Fingers crossed!!

VTskiDiva

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am listening to NPR and they just gave the forecast for the next few days and they said there is a CHANCE of snow flurries along the I81 corridor in Virginia on Friday morning! I wonder how big of a chance? Probably not much...but it gives me hope!

marzNC

Angel Diva
I am listening to NPR and they just gave the forecast for the next few days and they said there is a CHANCE of snow flurries along the I81 corridor in Virginia on Friday morning! I wonder how big of a chance? Probably not much...but it gives me hope!

The SkiSE weather guy is talking about 4-6" for Snowshoe for this storm. Then a little warm, but more cold weather coming soon after. Even said snow likely for the high elevations in NC. I sure hope so . . . going to Boone Dec. 12-13 and the whole point is to take advantage of the SugarFest demo days.

little one

Certified Ski Diva
Thanksgiving without snow???

oh no!!!! last year we were skiing in mid-November in the Catskills. Guess we'll just be eating today! Happy Thanksgiving everyone ... oh yes, and PRAY for snow in the East!

SkiBam

Angel Diva
So here's a conversation I just had with a neighbour:

Neighbour: Hi, you must be enjoying this beautiful weather.

Me: NO, I HATE IT! I'M VERY DEPRESSED.

Neighbour: Wow, you're really in the minority.

Me: NO I'M NOT, JUST ASK ANY KEEN SKIER.

Neighbour: Well, you must be heartened by the fabulous snow out at Whistler.

Me: NO, BECAUSE I'M NOT THERE TO SKI ON IT!

I'm afraid I'm soon going to be known as the grouchy lady of the village.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
^^^^^ :laugh:
Oh yeah. Totally understand THAT conversation....
Most are glad for good traveling weather?? :noidea:
However, looks like a mixed, wet mess due here tomorrow...
Hmmm, wonder what else I can paint....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga