• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Leki Trigger S Poles

Christy

Angel Diva
I know that some people here like them and based on everything I've read, I'd like to get these. But there are so many different kinds! Obviously I don't want race poles and if I stick to their women's line, I only have 3 choices...should I just get whichever I can find on sale? I notice the more expensive ones are slightly lighter. Here are my 3 choices:

https://www.leki.com/886--lady.html

veronicarella

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've just ordered some Leki Trigger S poles (which are waiting for me to get home from work to open the package - is it 5pm yet?!). I got last year's model from Christy Sports if you're looking for a sale plus free delivery. Can't comment on the use of them yet, but based on my research, I went with the women's line mainly because it's supposed to be have a smaller grip for smaller hands, and I definitely fall on the side of smaller hands. If you don't have the same problems, then I think the unisex ones will be just the same.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got my from Christy Sports, too. They had the S-line model in the store and I thought they were heavier than my K2 poles so the salesperson called Leki to find out the difference between the women's models. Even though the Flair S model was slightly lighter he was concerned about the materials of the tip so he recommended the Balance S which is what I got. I've used them all season and am very happy with the grip for my small hands and the ease of entry and release of the straps. BTW, I leave my straps on my mittens so I don't hastle with removing them from my gloves when I go inside for lunch, or the end of the day, etc.

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have 2 pairs of these suckers. One lives at my home mountain in season storage, and the other I take when I ski other hills. They're both from the unisex line. One is the Carbon (don't know the number) and the other is the Speed S. They both rock like the devil, they're light, they clip on easily, and they are extremely easy to keep out of the way of my skis when the going gets tight, fast, and steep. Before I started using these, I regarded poles as accessories to assist with timing my turns and for propulsion on the flats. Now I regard my poles as an extension of my arms.

Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with them.

maggie198

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a pair of the Flair S, which I love! I used to always fiddle with the straps on my composite poles, wanting to get it just right so they didn't annoy me under my hand. My Flair S poles are just as light, if not lighter, and much easier to put on, just snap in and your done. I can put my poles on while I'm skiing off the lift line. The straps stay on my gloves all the time, I don't remove them at all.

I also won a pair of Leki Composite 16S's, and while they're really nice poles too they're a bit heavier than my Flairs. My boyfriend has the Composite 16S also. We really both love our Lekis. I don't think you can go wrong with the Trigger S series either.

veronicarella

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just came back from a weekend of testing my new Leki Trigger S. I absolutely love them - so fast and easy to get in and out of. I also enjoy the smaller hand grip compared to the rental poles I've been using the past season, though I could imagine that the smaller hand grip isn't great for every hand size. I think this is one major determinant whether one should go with the women's line or not. Other decision factors are weight (as you've mentioned) and material (I noticed that my poles don't make the clear, metal clicking sound to alert to snowboarders and/or other skiiers that I am in their blind spot). Hope you find a good deal on sale!

maggie198

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just wanted to add that I wear a women's large in gloves, and have rather long fingers. I find the women's grips to be perfect in size. Not too small at all.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Here's the thing that really stands out for me with this pole system. It does go back to the strap/no strap discussion.
I have found it to be so much easier to have a relaxed, natural hand position and pole plant with this system. When you are holding the pole by its handle, by the nature of "gripping" it even with a light touch, it's not a natural motion; it has to be much more deliberate to swing the pole and then plant it. I think I'm not describing it very well. Switching over to this system immediately helped my hand position and my pole planting

Christy

Angel Diva
I'm sold on this system just because I'm so tired of fiddling with my straps. I swear, my husband can do his in no time and I am always lagging, trying to get these sorted. And then there's the whole thing about shoulder injuries in a crash. If it helps my hand position and pole planting, all the better! I just need to find a sale on one of the kinds. I have small hands so I'll probably just go with one of the women's styles.

patoswiss

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Reviving this thread to ask a question. I started using these this season and yes, I like them very much. They seem so natural to hold.

Question: In the past I have taken my pole strap off one hand and put on the other hand to grab T-Bars. Now, I am not sure what to do. If I leave it hooked on the strap then I can't really grab the T, but if I detach it and put it in the other hand there is no strap there to ensure that I won't drop it if I let go. Does anyone have any tips?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Reviving this thread to ask a question. I started using these this season and yes, I like them very much. They seem so natural to hold.

Question: In the past I have taken my pole strap off one hand and put on the other hand to grab T-Bars. Now, I am not sure what to do. If I leave it hooked on the strap then I can't really grab the T, but if I detach it and put it in the other hand there is no strap there to ensure that I won't drop it if I let go. Does anyone have any tips?

When I had Lekis like this, I always just held them in one hand, without benefit of strap. I don't think there are other options. It's still less awkward than being a snowboarder on the T Bar!

mahgnillig

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just hold them in one hand for button lifts. I can't imagine it would be a huge PITA to retrieve it even if I dropped it... not like dropping a pole off a chairlift.

patoswiss

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good to know I am not missing something. I may try unhooking the strap that goes between the thumb and keep at least one attached but hanging. I usually have at least one set of kid poles looped around my wrist and in the juggling of poles and kid I just know I am going to drop one eventually. And we have some very long T's here that run for 5 mins up through tree lines so retrieving could require a 10 min walk through the woods!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good to know I am not missing something. I may try unhooking the strap that goes between the thumb and keep at least one attached but hanging. I usually have at least one set of kid poles looped around my wrist and in the juggling of poles and kid I just know I am going to drop one eventually. And we have some very long T's here that run for 5 mins up through tree lines so retrieving could require a 10 min walk through the woods!

Funny. To me, the idea of being attached to my poles while on a T-Bar is terrifying. Then again, I don't recall ever having to carry two sets. A T-Bar through the trees does sound beautiful, though - and more importantly, wind-sheltered, which the T-Bar at Breck is decidedly *not*. Brr.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I just got the Leki Balance S Trigger Pole, and I have to say I am soooooo over pole straps.

I lost my poles a few weeks ago -- leaned them against my car at the mountain, then drove off without them (duh!) -- so it was the ideal time to get a pair of these. Today was my first day using them, and I'm a convert! To be honest, I was a bit worried about getting used to clicking in and out. It took me about 2 minutes. They're lightweight and easy to use, and it was SO NICE not to have to fiddle with those #$%$# straps.

Last edited:

BitchHound

Certified Ski Diva
I just got the Leki Balance S Trigger Pole, and I have to say I am soooooo over pole straps.

I lost my poles a few weeks ago -- leaned them against my car at the mountain, then drove off without them (duh!) -- so it was the ideal time to get a pair of these. Today was my first day using them, and I'm a convert! To be honest, I was a bit worried about getting used to clicking in and out. It took me about 2 minutes. They're lightweight and easy to use, and it was SO NICE not to have to fiddle with those #$%$# straps.

Welcome to the revolution. I have been using Leki Trigger S for a few years now. They are awesome.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga