• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

learning to fly...

whitewater girl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I found a video clip on YouTube of clips from the ski movie "Claim", full of spectacular jumps...made me realize I want to learn to fly like that...

...O.K., I'm a long way from 20something, and sit at a desk all day long, so I'm never going to do jumps quite like that, but how does one get started doing jumps?

abc

Banned
I found a video clip on YouTube of clips from the ski movie "Claim", full of spectacular jumps...made me realize I want to learn to fly like that...

...O.K., I'm a long way from 20something, and sit at a desk all day long, so I'm never going to do jumps quite like that, but how does one get started doing jumps?
By accident? I've taken "flight" that way, albeit usually only a few inches of air. :wink:

Kidding aside. I think nowadays most mountains have park lessons. I know many of the local hills are big on that, which is actually a very good idea. The best use of a 500' is make it "long" by litter it with "featuers"! Both from the perspective of the mountain and the skiers.

So check with your local hill's ski school and see if they have something on offer.

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Now if you really want to fly, I suggest hang gliding!!! Not enough women in the sport and lots of people who are willing and certified to teach you. Lots of them are great skiers too.:wink:

Christy

Angel Diva
Today during the Val Gardena Men's Downhill (a race with lots of terrain) they mentioned that off one of the jumps, one of the guys flew about 120 yards. Can you imagine doing a jump as long as a football field?

whitewater girl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
not without wings!

Now if you really want to fly, I suggest hang gliding!!! Not enough women in the sport and lots of people who are willing and certified to teach you. Lots of them are great skiers too.:wink:

I have a friend who's trying to get a bunch of us to take hang gliding lessons next fall (figures that gives us the time to save up for it!)...been thinking about (huh, & I feel like I need a clone to do everything now!:doh:)

Gina23

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like to go fast, I find with speed you will sometimes find yourself airborne whether you like it or not. I liked it so I just started looking for things to launch off of. I would assume that's how you could get started without going into some terrain park.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Freestyle lesson. Approaches, air time, landings --- all have a method/right way/wrong way. Good investment, if you're serious.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna