• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Karma or? ;-)

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you for the encouraging ski down in tough-ish conditions this morning! A good deed, and you know who you are!

So Karma flows and moves on. Early afternoon I came down a run and found a man more or less stuck on his back like a turtle with his legs bent hard on the skis. One woman was sliding over and another was below. Turns out NONE of us were skiing with him. I stayed just above him and advised how to get the skis off, etc. etc. I slid down and was able to extend a pole and he turned around. Finally got his skis off so he could roll over and stand up (huffing and puffing ... I was wondering if a heart attack was next. NOOOOO, I didn't want to do CPR!). After some convincing that he wasn't going to get his ski on there (can't get the ski any where near flat) I got him to step down to where it was flatter. So I'm about 15 minutes into this mercy mission and his phone rang. And he said 'I have to get this, I'll just be a minute. A friend of mine is skiing.' Are you kidding me?!!!! I suggested maybe he could wait and make sure he could get his skis back on. 'I'll just be a minute' :eek: Unbelievable! I said 'I think you're OK now' as he was talking. And left!

Is it good Karma if I stopped, even though ........ I DID stop for a glass of wine on my way back to the base!!!

veronicarella

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Any act of kindness is always better for the world, so bravo!

Playing devil's advocate, or at least I want to believe in the good in most human, that maybe he got separated from his ski buddy and he was worried that his friend is worried about him, or he doesn't know which way to go from there without his friend's direction. I can see people not thinking correctly when lost/worry/hurt and thus not showing appreciation for your help, but who knows, he may be one of those who never thinks correctly under any circumstances, though we'll never know.

2bjenny

Certified Ski Diva
I can't believe he answered his phone.

If it's not going to put me in danger, I believe in helping people. Good karma and all that. Early this season, with all the new snow, I managed to take a slow tumble in the trees and lost a ski in the powder. I thought I would be there for ever trying to find it. A nice gentleman, who I owe a beer, stopped and helped me find it. Thank goodness! I think it only took about 5 minutes once he appeared. I did think it was funny that once we found it, he took off and didn't ask if I needed help getting back in to my skis - I was standing almost to my waist in powder.

Two weeks later, I come around a group of trees and find a lady that's fallen in deep powder stuck with her legs bent hard up under her. There was no way she was going to get herself out. She wasn't in a tree well, but it was pretty deep. I pulled her up and waited for her to get her one ski back on. She had a hard time getting the ski flat and said "maybe it will be easier if I take my other ski off." I'm like, "No, don't do that!" I took her loose ski and slammed it in to the snow several times to get a flat surface for her. She did thank me for helping her. So, if someone helps me, I try to keep the good karma going!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks, everyone! I started skiing a zillion years ago with a co-worker who was volunteer ski patrol, and skied with other patrol friends over the years. So I always at least slow down and ask. And despite any of my own issues, I'm pretty good at getting uninjured people up and moving. I've skied down more than a few wives or GFs who got dragged where they shouldn't have been! Probably the teacher in me.

Happy weekend to all!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna