• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Is coronavirus changing your ski plans?

Like2Ski

Angel Diva
I'm very sad, too. I do understand that people truly don't want to know the truth about this, would prefer to stay ignorant, and would like to put their hands over their ears and sing, "La, la la." It's a frightening and painful truth.

But to realize that one is young and unlikely to get very sick, and then stop listening, is so irresponsible. We have taken individualism to an extreme, and this kind of selfishness seems to be the result.

I had second thoughts and did not go to Stowe this weekend. It’s not about individual wants, it’s about the greater good.

Those lines are really unbelievable.

Christy

Angel Diva
Right? I checked the Epic app and the wait time was 23 minutes for the main Village gondola and/or Excalibur over to Blackcomb side.

I was there last weekend for the first time on a weekend in four years. We used to go regularly and my husband still goes once in a while but I had sworn off weekend skiing there. But we had a free condo, so why not. The lines were an absolute shock to me. I haven't stood in lift lines in years. I think I waited 20 minutes everywhere, except for Garbanzo on Sunday afternoon.

StayWarm

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wonder if Copper, A-Basin and Loveland will also close?

I expect that they will, or they'll have to cap daily tickets/attendance somehow. If everyone doesn't shut down, the remaining resorts will get swamped, and it'll be impossible to implement the safety measures that they want to have in place.

Not to mention that every ski resort's lawyers are going to say, "Do you really want to be the one mountain that stays open?" The legal risk gets higher the more of an outlier you are.

captain_hug99

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just heard Vail Resorts is closing tomorrow. All operations!
Vail resorts closed..Hmmm, wonder if they will offer credit for epic purchases towards next year.
The person from whom I rented my $72 rate at Keystone sent me a message that Vail resorts is closing. sigh...

I have season pass insurance and I'm wondering if that will cover some of my loss of use. The wording in the pass insurance says if the resort closes indefinitely and so far there is an end date for this closure.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Now I have two canceled trips, Tahoe and Crested Butte.

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
I am videoconferencing live with my brother (and kids) in the car as they head from Oakland to Kings Beach, CA (skiing at Sq Valley). He is driving in the snowfall and moving at only ~20 mph on I 80. They have physical and educational activities planned for the kids in the coming weeks. So if the resorts close, they are still covered...

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I am videoconferencing live with my brother (and kids) in the car as they head from Oakland to Kings Beach, CA (skiing at Sq Valley). He is driving in the snowfall and moving at only ~20 mph on I 80. They have physical and educational activities planned for the kids in the coming weeks. So if the resorts close, they are still covered...
Big snow expected tonight and tomorrow so kids can build snowman, play in the snow, snowshoe, sled, etc.

Jilly

Staff member
OK, . I'm not in Tremblant, but... they decided to limit the numbers per chair and gondola...so line ups are going to be longer..

And this just in:

This page presents all information and preventive measures relating to the COVID-19 situation in Tremblant.
UPDATE – MARCH 14, 2020 – 8 p.m.
OFFICIAL ALTERRA MOUNTAIN COMPANY MEDIA STATEMENT
After careful thought and deliberation of our duty in the face of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak, and in what I believe is in the best interest of our guests, employees and local communities, Alterra Mountain Company will suspend operations at our 15 North American ski resorts, starting the morning of Sunday, March 15, until further notice. All lift operations, food and beverage, retail and rental services will be closed until further notice.
Alterra Mountain Company destinations are Steamboat and Winter Park in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton and Sugarbush Resort in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. (CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures will continue to operate through Tuesday, March 17.)
Each resort will work directly with guests in canceling their visit and will provide refunds to those who have Les Suites Tremblant bookings during this closure period. We anticipate heavy call volume over the next several days and appreciate guests’ patience as we work hard to respond to all inquiries.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this short notice will undoubtedly create. We look forward to welcoming you back to the mountains as circumstances improve.

newboots

Angel Diva
The person from whom I rented my $72 rate at Keystone sent me a message that Vail resorts is closing. sigh...

I have season pass insurance and I'm wondering if that will cover some of my loss of use. The wording in the pass insurance says if the resort closes indefinitely and so far there is an end date for this closure.

Technically, they are closing for a week and then "reassessing." I don't think the virus will be non-threatening in a week, though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna