• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Intolerable Ski Graphics

brooksnow

Angel Diva
I have this sticker on one pair of my skis because I believe in the cause of Tits Deep for Breast Cancer.
I had one person question it, who seemed to be put off by it. With the pink ribbon, its clearly a breast cancer cause.
Would you find this off-putting?
That sticker doesn't bother me, but it could lead to interesting conversations with young kids, especially boys. Tits is a word for breasts but not a word you should use... I'd focus on the pink ribbon.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No, I wouldn't find Tits Deep offensive.
I have a car freshener souvenir, "Yeah Bitch" (Breaking Bad reference)--that might be offensive to some.

@tinymoose , no I don't it's too much of an issue in general. I guess the Armada VJJ was a one-off that stirred the pot a while ago.

I'm charmed by colorful & creative designs of the Santa Ana's, and Icelandic and Moment skis, but I really like old-school brand graphics like the colored teardrop, XX, or stacked triangles. I do get confused by Atomic & Dynastar.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is this much of an issue with skis? Especially with women's skis, I can't imagine many of these things would make an appearance. But even with men's skis, I can't imagine many manufacturers going this route? But maybe I'm being naive or just haven't run into it before.

Believe it or not, there are some that have guns, violence, dark world kind of stuff.
It has been awhile since I've seen any in person but I do recall some in years past.

I also recall a snowboard that had a naked woman on it a few years ago. I was more than a little shocked that it was on the wall at Butter Box, the snowboard shop at Northstar.
Check out this article for reference.
There are some definite sleazy graphics in this article. NSFW at times

Now, this ski from a few years ago by J-skis had me drooling over the donut and donut sprinkles.

No, I wouldn't find Tits Deep offensive.
I have a car freshener souvenir, "Yeah Bitch" (Breaking Bad reference)--that might be offensive to some.
In case anyone here doesn't know about Tits Deep, its an organization that helps young women get breast cancer screenings and also helps young women with treatment costs.

The highest mortality rate of women who are diagnosed with breast cancer is under the age of 40 because mammograms are not paid for by most insurance companies until you're 40. By the time a woman in her 20-30s finds the lump, its at a later stage of cancer and is more difficult to fight.
Stephanie, the founder of Tits Deep has had two close people in her life die in their early 30s due to late detection.
It is a worthy cause for sure.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That sticker doesn't bother me, but it could lead to interesting conversations with young kids, especially boys. Tits is a word for breasts but not a word you should use... I'd focus on the pink ribbon.
Hopefully it leads to this conversation as I posted in the above reply to Vicki.
The very reason I have it on my skis, and one on my computer as well is to invoke conversations about early detection.
I am a BC survivor and this is an important thing to discuss.
In case anyone here doesn't know about Tits Deep, its an organization that helps young women get breast cancer screenings and also helps young women with treatment costs.

The highest mortality rate of women who are diagnosed with breast cancer is under the age of 40 because mammograms are not paid for by most insurance companies until you're 40. By the time a woman in her 20-30s finds the lump, its at a later stage of cancer and is more difficult to fight.
Stephanie, the founder of Tits Deep has had two close people in her life die in their early 30s due to late detection.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I lost my little sister to BC. She discovered a lump just after she turned 30 and didn't make it to 32.

Not a conversation I prefer to have on a lift ride.
If you would like to reach out in private message I would be happy to talk more about how we can help women in their "younger years" battle these hurdles.

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I lost one of my closest friends to BC. She also co-founded an organization dedicated to early detection and treatment in young women.

https://youngsurvival.org/
https://youngsurvival.org/blog/ysc-tribute-to-lisa-j-frank

My last trip with Lisa before diagnosis was a wild week in Breck. She started out a rank beginner and was doing blue/black runs by the end of the week. She would've been an amazing ski buddy had effing cancer not interfered.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I lost one of my closest friends to BC. She also co-founded an organization dedicated to early detection and treatment in young women.

https://youngsurvival.org/
https://youngsurvival.org/blog/ysc-tribute-to-lisa-j-frank

My last trip with Lisa before diagnosis was a wild week in Breck. She started out a rank beginner and was doing blue/black runs by the end of the week. She would've been an amazing ski buddy had effing cancer not interfered.
Thank you for posting this. It is such an important message. We have to fight for our lives, literally.

TheGreenOne

Angel Diva
Yes to both of these posts.

I have this sticker on one pair of my skis because I believe in the cause of Tits Deep for Breast Cancer.
I had one person question it, who seemed to be put off by it. With the pink ribbon, its clearly a breast cancer cause.
Would you find this off-putting?

I've found everyone deals with life-altering conditions very differently and there's no wrong way, not everyone finds humor acceptable, though that's my preferred style.

Hoping with the screening mammo recommendation now at 40 in the US, it'll make it a bit easier for the under 40s (without known-risks that trigger earlier screenings) to get screening as needed.

FDA updated regulations regrading the language for the letter sent to women if they have dense tissues, so that's another good step.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Though my daughter wants this year’s Sierras mainly because of the graphics. But in a related note, I am having trouble wrapping my head around a ski called the Deathwish.
Great Basin Brewery which was formerly owned (founded) by Tom and Bonda Long, had a great relationship wiht Moment skis, so they'd do a custom graphic on the Deathwish ski every season and use the same graphic on their beer cans for the Limited Great Basin Deathwish beer.

One day I showed up at Mt Rose to ski with friends who like that particular beer and I said, "Hey Ann, I have a deathwish for you."

The person at the car next to us said....Excuse me?? That's not nice!
We laughed and shared a beer with him.
:beer:

Sokolva

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Though my daughter wants this year’s Sierras mainly because of the graphics. But in a related note, I am having trouble wrapping my head around a ski called the Deathwish.
I love this year’s graphic too! I tend to really enjoy when ski art is fully committed to being art, its own canvas, and this year’s Sierras really strongly evoke a mood that is unique from Moment’s past art, but also has the same raven motif throughout a lot of the Deathwish line.

empogo

Certified Ski Diva
As a visual arts industry member— I can’t deal with ugly graphics or outfits. Or uncoordinated colors/patterns. To be clear, I don’t care what other people do! But I feel more confident with pretty stuff that vibes visually (as long as it’s also functional and useful).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga