• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Input wanted re: Colorado resorts

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi y’all! Sorry I’ve been offline more than on lately. Crazy busy with work and personal things and not the best ski season locally. :-(

So, my better half has more vacation days than I do and has MCP, Epic and Max passes. We’re losing what little snow we had in the Mid A to high temps and rain, so he is burning some leave and heading to Denver bright and early Sunday morning (tomorrow) to use his passes on good snow.

Given the local conditions and typical Sunday crowds, which resort do you think he should go to after he gets his rental car at DIA? And are some better than others in terms of getting him acclimated to the altitude? Options in no particular order...

Copper
Loveland
A Basin
Eldoro
Winter Park

He should be able to hit one of the resorts above between 12 and 1. He’s a groomer guy, doesn’t have deep powder experience, enjoys Western blacks and fun blues. He generally does fine in higher altitudes but for his first ski day being conservative altitude-wise probably wouldn’t hurt.

He’s been to A Basin and Loveland several times, and wouldn’t mind checking out one of other places above if weekend crowds and lift lines aren’t too insane.

He’s planning to go to Keystone Monday and Breck Tuesday btw. Appreciate any suggestions and thoughts on his best Sunday options.

TIA!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
All of the above will be OK. Don't know about Eldora. CDot warns if you're not on the road by 11 am Sunday morning you will be stuck in traffic. For lower elevation Beaver Creek would work but it is the farthest away. Actually BC would be the least crowded. I often ski Copper/ Keystone on Mon, Tues. and the crowds are usually pretty light.
If he decides to go to Copper let me know and I'll direct him to the free parking lot.

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks a bunch, @Little Lightning. I passed along your feedback.

He said that judging from the luggage carousel he isn’t the only one who decided CO was a better bet for skiing conditions. ;-)

He made really good time and landed early, so he is leaning toward Beaver Creek.

Thanks again!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How was his day? Where did he end up? 30+ of those skiers he saw at the airport was probably a group from the Cincinnati Ski Club. They arrived this morning and headed to ski Copper for the week.

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
He went to Beaver Creek and really enjoyed it. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna