• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't decide between these two: https://www.montecwear.com/dune-w-ski-jacket-women-light-grey-black-metal-blue and https://www.dopesnow.com/akin-w-ski-jacket-women-grey-camo ... I love the camo look of the Dope jacket, but the Montec one is cheaper and has better specs!?
Both are quite attractive, and they appear to be thoughtfully designed and well made.

The mostly white one will make you difficult to see on the trails, especially when it's snowing. I'd choose the other one since I want to be easily seen on the slopes - I have worries about getting hit from behind. But that's me.

If you are able to keep white cuffs at the wrist and white zipper areas pristine that would not be a con for the white one, but I get wrists and zipper areas dirty fast so any light-colored ski jacket is a no-no for me..

You're OK sliding your ski jacket over your head to get your ski jacket on and off? I've never had a jacket that works that way. Such a pull-over jacket is known as an Anorak.

Last edited:

Tvan

Angel Diva

Geargenie

Diva in Training
Thanks for all the responses! I ended up going with the Montec one - mainly for the point of not being fully white in the snow, I've been hit from behind before while wearing fully black, so don't want to tempt fate haha

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Thanks for all the responses! I ended up going with the Montec one - mainly for the point of not being fully white in the snow, I've been hit from behind before while wearing fully black, so don't want to tempt fate haha
Good choice. I know it was a hard one - they're both great

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Both are quite attractive, and they appear to be thoughtfully designed and well made.

The mostly white one will make you difficult to see on the trails, especially when it's snowing. I'd choose the other one since I want to be easily seen on the slopes - I have worries about getting hit from behind. But that's me.

If you are able to keep white cuffs at the wrist and white zipper areas pristine that would not be a con for the white one, but I get wrists and zipper areas dirty fast so any light-colored ski jacket is a no-no for me..

You're OK sliding your ski jacket over your head to get your ski jacket on and off? I've never had a jacket that works that way. Such a pull-over jacket is known as an Anorak.
I actually quite like the pull over style for changing layering while staying warmish - you can keep your outer layer on almost like a rain cape while putting on and taking layers off, and there's zero chance to drop it in the snow.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I actually quite like the pull over style for changing layering while staying warmish - you can keep your outer layer on almost like a rain cape while putting on and taking layers off, and there's zero chance to drop it in the snow.
I never thought of that advantage. Good to know.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
A woman in our Taos ski group had this one in blue ! Really cute style..

Luvs2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A woman in our Taos ski group had this one in blue ! Really cute style..

I was eyeing up that same one! I have a few Stio pieces (baselayers, insulating) and their fit is great! I do have a bday coming up …more justification!

leia1979

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I saw this colorful Columbia Whirlibird jacket yesterday for 40% off and had to get it (along with the coordinating neon coral pants). The inner jacket can be worn separately. My cold weather outfit was getting pretty old and I don't like it anymore. I wouldn't mind finding a magenta bib for this jacket, too. Maybe next year.

I love colorful ski clothes--my warmer weather set is dark purple, bright purple, and white.

1679970078695.png

arbusch

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hard to resist with all the sales! I am considering an anorak style….I mean, I don’t have one, so probably “need” one, right? #justification
I mean that was my justification. I don't have an anorak style and it looks cute and warm. Trying not to buy pants too. I did buy new googles, helmet, gloves and skis. I might have a problem but the helmet and googles were over 5 years old and super beat up. The skis were 10 years old and delaminating. So many justifications!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna