• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The color is great on TNF but the zipper is super stiff and I have an enormous bubble in the center when sitting. I didn’t have much on under at the time. I’m waiting for the Trew but it is stuck out west, right along with my new boots. :(
I WISH there was a two-way zipper. It would fit much better. I have a bunch of jackets here so I need to pick. Ugh....I wish the stores here had inventory. @fgor
How are you enjoying the shell?
Ahhhh I'm sorry to hear that it doesn't suit! :( I've only worn mine maybe 4-5 times as I got it at the end of my season, but I did really like it and found it comfortable while skiing. I pulled it out and tried it on to see how much it bubbles out. My other jacket is also somewhat stiff fabric so I'm used to it maybe.

1639446325417.png
comparison with standing
1639446349429.png

It does bulge out a bit where the straight across pockets are but it probably hits at a different spot on everyone. Hope you have better luck with the Trew jacket!!

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Ahhhh I'm sorry to hear that it doesn't suit! :( I've only worn mine maybe 4-5 times as I got it at the end of my season, but I did really like it and found it comfortable while skiing. I pulled it out and tried it on to see how much it bubbles out. My other jacket is also somewhat stiff fabric so I'm used to it maybe.

View attachment 17172
comparison with standing
View attachment 17173

It does bulge out a bit where the straight across pockets are but it probably hits at a different spot on everyone. Hope you have better luck with the Trew jacket!!
Thanks. I do like it, just not used to the stiffness. Great picts

BuckLup

Certified Ski Diva
I took a chance and ordered a Burton Pillowline jacket (in violet so it goes with blue and black pants) because I wanted a longer style jacket. It came in..gorgeous and plenty roomy. I sized up to make sure it would be generous enough around my hips. The 20 yr old son laughed at me because he thought it looked big (what the hell does he know, right?) but 23 yr old daughter who is skinny and phenom skier thought it was perfect and wants one herself now. Even she wants longer style to cover her butt and keep warm and comfortable. Was generous in sizing. Think I'm now a convert to the snowboard style jackets.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I took a chance and ordered a Burton Pillowline jacket (in violet so it goes with blue and black pants) because I wanted a longer style jacket. It came in..gorgeous and plenty roomy. I sized up to make sure it would be generous enough around my hips. The 20 yr old son laughed at me because he thought it looked big (what the hell does he know, right?) but 23 yr old daughter who is skinny and phenom skier thought it was perfect and wants one herself now. Even she wants longer style to cover her butt and keep warm and comfortable. Was generous in sizing. Think I'm now a convert to the snowboard style jackets.
Pictures please… if you are so inclined!

BuckLup

Certified Ski Diva
Ok, here is wide ole me, loving my new jacket. Color is "Foxglove Violet". Doesnt look too accurate for color in photo so just trust me, it's a bluey violet. My new boots are trying to sneak into the photo too. I finally upgraded those after 15 years (yes, 15, yes, that's ridiculous.) For reference, I'm usually a Large in jackets and ordered an XL, so it's roomy, but that's just what I wanted.

Attachments

• 20211216_204519.jpg
    20211216_204519.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 20211216_204528.jpg
    20211216_204528.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 38

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Ok, here is wide ole me, loving my new jacket. Color is "Foxglove Violet". Doesnt look too accurate for color in photo so just trust me, it's a bluey violet. My new boots are trying to sneak into the photo too. I finally upgraded those after 15 years (yes, 15, yes, that's ridiculous.) For reference, I'm usually a Large in jackets and ordered an XL, so it's roomy, but that's just what I wanted.
It looks great! What a pretty color!!

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I LOVE that colour.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Same for me this year for shells. Looks great.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My mom and aunt sent us the jackets they got for volunteering at the balloon festival.

At 5’9”, I'm an extra small - for no other reason than that I would love this coat! (And I don't know why DH had the one-eyed squint.)
Cute jackets and very creative photo!

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That is so cute on you! I am loving my Prowess jacket. Its a little longer than your pillowline, but I think I am taller than you. The color Folkstone Gray is definitely grayer than the Foxglove (I saw a couple styles online that used both fabrics so I could definitely tell the contrast). The jacket looks amazing on you - so stylish, and you look warm and cozy!

Bonus that they don't look like "mom" ski jackets as my son likes to call them.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva

View attachment 17172
comparison with standing
View attachment 17173

I'm sending mine back. It is too stiff and I don't like the hood. If I were somewhere a bit warmer and could ski more often, I'd keep it anyhow. I am keeping the Trew. It is Super soft.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna