• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

Moonrocket

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Totally random- but what color pants would you wear with this jacket? They have the pink flowers but that’s too much for me and I’m guessing the blue of navy would be really hard to match…
C84D6B0F-2BAE-43BA-A9EA-84A4A47E2E90.jpeg

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't think blues must be a perfect match. Lighter or dusty blue? It's a pretty jacket.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Totally random- but what color pants would you wear with this jacket? They have the pink flowers but that’s too much for me and I’m guessing the blue of navy would be really hard to match…
View attachment 16923
I'd go navy, because the navy on the jacket does not go all the way down, so any slight mismatch would be hard to discern. That's a really cool jacket--very unique.

Moonrocket

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd go navy, because the navy on the jacket does not go all the way down, so any slight mismatch would be hard to discern. That's a really cool jacket--very unique.
Thanks! I saw it on clearance and could not resist!

I think I’m leaning navy or grey or lavender for pants. I just ordered my daughter lavender pants might have to try them on!

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I love Flylow womens ski wear! I have three of their jackets and three pairs of their pants. The jackets I have are two daphne jackets and one avery. They are insulated and are so light. They are cozy and warm and don't weigh me down. The pants I have are the daisy insulated pant - two of these and the nina shell pant for backcountry skiing. The cool thing about the nina pant is it has zip vents on each side of each leg. It really helps to keep me from overheating skinning the uptrack.
What is the Avery like as far as room for hips, breathability, pockets etc.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I really like this jacket too, very pretty. I would definitely go towards lavender or pink, but those are colors I always like. I also wear bright pink pants often and think they stand out which is nice for skiing in the trees or in groups. I've definitely had people comment that they like following me because they wouldn't lose my pants in a crowd. lol

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
View attachment 16923
White would look really good, though dangerous. I wonder if a wildcard neon would be cool too - for some reason yellow comes to mind, maybe because its on the other side of the color wheel?

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does buying snowboard gear to wear skiing count as jumping the proverbial shark? I ordered two jackets from Burton because they FINALLY changed their size profile from Juniors cut to normal human women body types. I have always loved the longer length and more relaxed fit of the snowboard jackets, particularly for men. My derriere gets super cold (its like the only part of me that does, and frankly, reminds me of an uncooked ham when I come off the mountain in the afternoon). I had switched to a shell jacket last year, and though I liked the technical aspects of it very much, Its shorter than I would have preferred and I struggled with finding the right base/mid-layer mix to keep me warm without roasting and getting soaked with sweat.

So I ordered this one in the Folkstone gray, which when researching via other sites is more of a cool gray than the lavender it appears here.
10083108022_4.png

These are the pants I have in both Purple Dahlia and also in black. I thought that gray jacket color would work nicely and not make me look too much like Barney.
bee34ca4b47d0ed94bf74dc4038b4b92--stay-warm-insulation.jpg

I also ordered this one in boring black because I wanted to see if I liked the style/cut better. Its Gore-Tex.
22812100001_4.png

Ooh, and I ordered one of those fuzzy fleece hood neck gaiter things Burton makes that goes over your helmet and am very excited to give that a shot. They look so cozy and cute!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think it's a great combo, @Blondeinabmw , the cool gray and the deep plum pants. Not jumping any sharks.

Since I have a grey jacket that I wear with plum pants, this does count as modern-day log rolling, but I think it's a low-key yet still interesting look.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does buying snowboard gear to wear skiing count as jumping the proverbial shark? I ordered two jackets from Burton because they FINALLY changed their size profile from Juniors cut to normal human women body types. I have always loved the longer length and more relaxed fit of the snowboard jackets, particularly for men. My derriere gets super cold (its like the only part of me that does, and frankly, reminds me of an uncooked ham when I come off the mountain in the afternoon). I had switched to a shell jacket last year, and though I liked the technical aspects of it very much, Its shorter than I would have preferred and I struggled with finding the right base/mid-layer mix to keep me warm without roasting and getting soaked with sweat.

So I ordered this one in the Folkstone gray, which when researching via other sites is more of a cool gray than the lavender it appears here.
10083108022_4.png

These are the pants I have in both Purple Dahlia and also in black. I thought that gray jacket color would work nicely and not make me look too much like Barney.
bee34ca4b47d0ed94bf74dc4038b4b92--stay-warm-insulation.jpg

I also ordered this one in boring black because I wanted to see if I liked the style/cut better. Its Gore-Tex.
22812100001_4.png

Ooh, and I ordered one of those fuzzy fleece hood neck gaiter things Burton makes that goes over your helmet and am very excited to give that a shot. They look so cozy and cute!
As a skier I wear snowboard gear all the time, currently rocking a Burton AK jacket and Volcom pants so no judgement from me re jumping any sharks :jumphappy:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I wore Rossignol snowboard stuff, because I didn't know it was. When someone mentioned it to me, I just said, no it's not snowboard, it's free-ride.
Rossignol makes really nice ski/snowboard stuff. I have a really cool Rossignol jacket black with striped piping, vents, super insulated. However, I had to replace the funky zipper but worth it for $40...... Jacket is at least 8 years old....

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Rossignol makes really nice ski/snowboard stuff.
I wish more brands would size beyond a juniors cut fit model. Burton finally goes up to an XXL in most of their styles, and one style comes in a 3XL - they also changed their fit to be a bit more generous in the bust-department. Most of the brands seem to stop around a 40" bust, which in my opinion is at best a size 12. Rossignol has a few styles in a XXL, but their bust measurements are 40.5 - 42.25", which sadly is too small for me (I'm a 45" in the bust).

In other news, the gray is the keeper. Its a bit more neutral in person and picks up the dusty blue scuff guard in the plum pants. It also looks gorgeous with black. The length is so, so good. It covers my whole bootie and fits very well. I love the higher neckline this style offers too, which will be great for burrowing into on a cold, windy lift ride.

They did get the mulled berry color back in stock, which I had to order. It is very pretty, and looks okay with black, but has a bit more of a pink base than I would prefer. Looks like mixed berry cobbler with the plum color pants. I really liked it, however I don't think I am willing to go back to using only the one pair or searching for another pair of technical pants in a color other than black that come in my size!

10083108501_4.png

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I have a similar item - wearing mine now :smile:

I also have itch factors with other wool items but I am able to wear Ridge's clothing.
Hmmmm, I can only wear wool on my feet. I may have to try this....thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna