• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Ok cool, thanks.
How necessary are they if i have a well fitting, stiff boot with little "shin bang" going on?
Is there much improvement in performance for day to day skiing (not ski racing)??

We have a LOT of threads here that talk about the booster strap. Use the search function at the top of the page, and you'll find lots of great info. :smile:

Mom of Redheads

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I saw this today and tried it on:

0807185616womens-jacket-mannual-mystic-red.jpg

It was cute on the hanger but not good on me! Fortunately, I guess... It was the first time all season I'd been in any shops selling ski clothes... I saw some other cute coats as well but didn't stop to try them on...

shell nyc

Certified Ski Diva
Outdoor Research Stormbound

Got a chance to use my new jacket last week in VT:
745.87753_d.jpg

SAC had it for close to 60% off :D I LOVE all of the features including a built-in balaclava. It was very warm (650 fill), but is a more relaxed fit than I was expecting. I'm usually a 6 (6P when available) up top and the Small is quite loose, allowing for layering (but also a bit marshmallow-man looking with the layer!)

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Got a chance to use my new jacket last week in VT:
745.87753_d.jpg

SAC had it for close to 60% off :D I LOVE all of the features including a built-in balaclava. It was very warm (650 fill), but is a more relaxed fit than I was expecting. I'm usually a 6 (6P when available) up top and the Small is quite loose, allowing for layering (but also a bit marshmallow-man looking with the layer!)

So OR definitely runs a little large! I have the Axcess jacket (basically the same jacket but no down, GoreTex instead) and it's a M and I usually wear a 6 and it's quite large, but I prefer that because it allows layering without constricting. Will finally get to test it out in the elements in about 10 days! That purple is really pretty. They aren't the "cutest" jackets, but very functional. I also got mine for a steal on SAC.

LOVE that TNF down posted above, BTW. I have several TNF items, including the Thunder Down, and I like all of them. My neighbor has a Patagonia down sweater, and I actually like my TNF down better! :eek: The outer fabric has a softer, more supple feel to it.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh I know.... bought Booster Straps last weekend before I started skiing for the day because of everyone on here raving about them x.X this forum is deadly to my wallet.
But look how awesome we are for your skiing!!

Dagnamit. Now I want this.
ACOBL.jpg
That is a gorgeous jacket!

Violet

Certified Ski Diva
Oh and I did have a reason to try the boots on and hold the skis other than just for fun - boots, because the bottom of the burton pants (which are an XS size) was really tight and I had been paranoid about getting them over my boots, which until yesterday I didn't have my boots back to test with since the ski shop had borrowed them to put the bindings on my new kenjas.

So did they fit okay? I bought some Burton pants circa 2005 and hated the tight ankles. I scraped my knuckles a few times trying to ease them over my ski boots. In the end I just gave them to my boarding sister-in-law.

The reason I ask is that I just bought this Burton coat:

2012Brtn_PDP_FS_BG

And I like the way these Burton pants match:

2012Brtn_PDP_FS_BG

shima

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So did they fit okay? I bought some Burton pants circa 2005 and hated the tight ankles. I scraped my knuckles a few times trying to ease them over my ski boots. In the end I just gave them to my boarding sister-in-law.

2012Brtn_PDP_FS_BG

2012Brtn_PDP_FS_BG

Yeah they go over the ski boots... they're a tight fit if your'e not fully buckled up, but it's fine once you tighten up all the way.

Witchery

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

2012Brtn_PDP_FS_BG

2012Brtn_PDP_FS_BG

Nice combination!

Tvan

Angel Diva
Evidently, my jacket sluttiness has carried over to pants, skis and a new helmet...rounding out the outfit this season:
womens-destiny-down-novelty-jacket-ATNW_PJ7_hero.jpg

Plus these:
womens-freedom-lrbc-insulated-pants-AWRR_JA7_hero.jpg

Plus THESE:
AA0014280.png

Topped by this:
trace-radical_4.jpg

Tvan

Angel Diva
Actually, it looks like your helmet matches the blue/grey in your skis pretty closely. Nice choice!

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Actually, it looks like your helmet matches the blue/grey in your skis pretty closely. Nice choice!

I just noticed that too. So it's just the pants and jacket that clash.

Oh jacket slut thread... you're NOT going to convince me to replace a jacket I love after only one season just because of the colour... you're not... you're not... lalalala can't hear you... :laugh:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga