• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I did a thing: 2100 miles by bike across Europe

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I don't have enough superlatives to comment on your trip. It's fabulous that you were in such good shape to do it and to enjoy it. And what an incredible trip!!!

Is there another one in your future?

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I don't have enough superlatives to comment on your trip. It's fabulous that you were in such good shape to do it and to enjoy it. And what an incredible trip!!!

Is there another one in your future?
Interestingly, this wasn't a lot about fitness. This route is mostly flat, all along rivers with very little elevation. We rode an average of 35 miles a day on mostly flat route. That being said, over 70% of the folks we saw on this route were on e-bikes which are a real game changer if you don't see yourself as a fitness person. You just have to make sure to charge your bike every night lol.

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What an epic trip!
How did you bathe when you didn't do an Airbnb night?
Did you camp at actual camp sites or just find a quiet place?

geargrrl

Angel Diva
We did not wild camp. Technically it's illegal in many spots. In France, Germany, Switzerland and Austria campgrounds are everywhere. They are full of bikers. They have hot showers, kitchen shelters, sometimes wifi, so always had a shower option.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Congratulations! What an awesome trip!

I will be cruising the Danube in September. I have signed up for 2 bike tours - Bratislava - ride along the Austrian/Slovak border and Germany in the Durnstein/Melk area. Very much looking forward to these rides even more so now.

I cruised the Rhine several years ago and took a bike tour of the Waterlands while in Amsterdam.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna