• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I can't believe I'm looking for a new jacket

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I have two. One is kind of old, thin, but amazingly warm (Lands End, back when they were good). It's an okay jacket (a bit snug), but my new phone doesn't fit in any pocket. I don't like the way my other one fits. I like the way men's jackets fit, and may just go with a men's coat, but I thought I'd check with the divas to see what they're wearing and why they love their jackets. Any suggestions?

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Heck,. I am always looking for jackets:tongue:. Although I absolutely do NOT need any more!

There are so many websites that carry large varieties of jackets, that you will enjoy --or become overwhelmed --at the selections. Try snowboarding jackets too. You may find that the cuts and styles will provide some great options.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Ha!

I have been searching through the usual websites, but looking for a snowboarding jacket is great advice! I do prefer the way they fit.

Going to look now...

Christy

Angel Diva
Patagonia's been running bigger and baggier the last couple years-- if you like a snowboard or men's cut, check out some of the Patagonias. I have the insulated Powder Bowl and it's a really good coat, though I actually prefer something a little more fitted.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My daughter fell in love with one of her (guy) friend's Helly Hansen jackets ... I was skeptical but found a similar one in the store, and it's a guy's jacket but a relatively slim cut, kinda splits the difference. She unequivocally did not want a women's cut.

marzNC

Angel Diva
My petite daughter (high school) was very happy with a snowboard jacket after a few years of sticking with her old jacket we bought when she was a tween because nothing new was quite right. She liked the new jacket for the loose fit and the two-tone color.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Patagonia, I have been told, alternates between a European and American fit every two years. I think think this year is euro which is more fitted again.

Patagonia's been running bigger and baggier the last couple years-- if you like a snowboard or men's cut, check out some of the Patagonias. I have the insulated Powder Bowl and it's a really good coat, though I actually prefer something a little more fitted.

freckles

Certified Ski Diva
Check out Orage and Burton (both women's versions--longer, unstructured)
I have The North Face 3-in-1 Mossbud jacket and love it. It's like a 3 season jacket because the liner zips out.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Great advice, thanks ladies! Now I have to get out to a bigger ski shop to try some on. I was going to order online, but at those prices, I think I better not. I also need to make sure my phone fits in a pocket. I'm one who likes a lot of pockets. I also like the idea of having a liner that you can remove.

I think I saw some Patagonia jackets, and they specifically gave a year. Now I know why. In fact that name - Powder Bowl - sounds familiar. I was probably looking at those.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who prefers a bigger cut. I just bought my daughter a men's snowboard jacket, and she was a little self conscious about it until we saw what appeared to be the exact same coat in a women's line.

MelRene

Certified Ski Diva
Great advice, thanks ladies! Now I have to get out to a bigger ski shop to try some on. I was going to order online, but at those prices, I think I better not. I also need to make sure my phone fits in a pocket. I'm one who likes a lot of pockets. I also like the idea of having a liner that you can remove.

I think I saw some Patagonia jackets, and they specifically gave a year. Now I know why. In fact that name - Powder Bowl - sounds familiar. I was probably looking at those.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who prefers a bigger cut. I just bought my daughter a men's snowboard jacket, and she was a little self conscious about it until we saw what appeared to be the exact same coat in a women's line.

I got a Powder Bowl one from Patagonia. It’s a nice cross between fitter and looser. It’s just right on me. I’m in a small.

Eupatoria

Diva in Training
I have the Patagonia Powder Bowl (I think I have the ‘American fit’ one) and I am super happy with it. I usually layer with a Patagonia Nano Puff or the Nano Air, which are more fitted. I suppose I wouldn’t mind a sleeker for, but it is well thought out and I am very happy with the performance (I have pants from that series as well, and they hook into each other). No issues with fitting my iPhone into the pocket. The only downside is that because it is an uninsukated hardshell, if I keep the phone in any of the external pockets and it is below freezing out, the battery drains quickly. Easy to prevent with one of those thermal phone protector things or with moving it to an inner pocket / inner layer.

I also have the Patagonia Stretch Nano Storm, which is a soft shell. I love it for skiing groomers on a sunny day. Definitely not a universal skiing jacket.

Patagonia generally has a 50% off online / in store sale in a February, great for buying gear!

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Or you could get a Samsung Note, haha. I switched a few months ago and will never go back to Apple. The iPhone shutting off in cold weather was one of the reasons.

I will watch for those Patagonia sales! I love their clothes, and would love a jacket. So pricey, but if there's a 50% off deal, that's a possibility.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga