• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How much to tip Private Instructor

tartegnin

Certified Ski Diva
Oh, and happy birthday! A private is a great gift to self. I am just wrapping up a four day birthday indulgence at Beaver Creek and took two days of lessons (small group). Ended with a nighttime glow stick ski down and fireworks last night. Feeling fantastic - skiing is awesome any way you can get it!

wernerslab

Diva in Training
I just took a solo private lesson at Winter Park on Thursday and tipped 20%, like I do at dinner or the hair stylist. Knowing the instructor probably gets a pittance of the lesson cost and how expensive it is to live in a CO mtn town and that I felt I had a great lesson, it all seemed worth the investment to me. My son has been in a group lesson for the last 3 days but he has been able to basically get a solo lesson since no one else was boarding at his level, I also tipped 20% there too. Same reasons. Here things are cashless and they all gave me their Venmo deets. If I felt that the lesson was not very good, I would tip 10-15%.

IceHeeler

Angel Diva
I've encountered more instructors passing out their business cards at the end of a lesson lately with both their ski school contact info so you can request them if/ when you return as well as their Venmo info on it. But good to have some cash on hand just in case.
I love when they do this. I usually pay 20%, but one year my kid had a coach that left him meh. I was concerned my kid wouldn't love skiing anymore. Because I had the previous coach's card, I was able to book a private with him at a discount. Best decision ever. That instructor matched my kid's vibe. He made up for an entire season of poor coaching. Ended up tipping him the same as the price, hyping the heck out of him whenever I saw him doing a private, and recommended him to everyone. It's been 16 years; Tony is still a legend in our family.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga