• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How many new ski areas did you ski this season?

Sunday River and Saddleback Maine!! Only got a taste of each area because it was so late in the season, but they were really fun. I particularly LOVED Saddleback. Great vibe. Beautiful unspoiled mountains. Can't wait to go back!

I love Saddleback! My daughter is going to college in Maine starting in the Fall, and she already has a good friend from Rangeley, so I will definitely ski there again!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Sadly, none.

Next winter I hope to make it to Lake Tahoe to ski the Epic Pass areas. These would not be new but would undoubtedly be so changed since we skied them (more than 10 years ago!) that they would almost count as new.

Let's order up a really snowy winter in 2012/13.

Moongidget

Angel Diva
I feel like such an underacheiver. No new areas, only the same areas I always go to.

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just one: Jackson Hole!

SkadiSkiGrrl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Three-Bretton Woods, Cannon, Deer Valley. Would have loved to try PCMR, but the area was in a terrible snow drought--Uh, until we left and they got 3 feet of snow in one night! Typical! I am beginning to take this personally. LOL

linesout

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Within the confines of the short season last year, I managed to make it out to a few new mountains, all of which were awesome: Gunstock, Loon and Sugarloaf!

We hit gunstock on a Thursday afternoon when the power went out at work, had the mountain to ourselves. Loon we'd committed to on a great one day groupon deal in january when it said it was going to be in the high 50s - but when we got there, it clouded up, the temps dropped and we had no crowds to compete with! Sugarloaf was another great groupon deal that I somehow survived given that I got there after spending 36 hours awake traveling back from India. It was pretty much the last weekend before most of new England melted, and was mid 60s with everyone skiing without jackets by the end of the day.

It was a bummer that I didn't get to check out the other awesome places I'd wanted to try like Burke, Cannon, Wildcat etc. we ended up going to KMart 3 times (and actually got some dumps beforehand, glad I bought snow tires!) because my family from north Jersey can reach southern VT much more easily. But I feel like I earned some serious skier cred - no matter the conditions, I always found a way to appreciate the many days I spent out this season!

mustski

Angel Diva
:jealous: No new mountains last season though I did revisit Mammoth which I haven't skied in about 4 years. I forgot how much I enjoyed it! On the bright side ... with a 12% paycut looming this year at least I remember how much I enjoy Mammoth (close enough to keep costs do-able!) Also with Eagle Point, Utah offering free skiing to Californians I may yet ski a new mountain this season.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Brian Head, Utah. Meh...........don't think I'll head back there any time soon.........or ever.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The new ski places for me were: Snowshoe WV, Blue Mountain ON, Mount St. Louis ON. All three place had really nice skiing. Would love to go somewhere west, either this year or next.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga