• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How do you feel about people leavings their skis on the ground outside the lodge?

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I am 100% with @ski diva.

Rack your skis, return your shopping cart. Anything less is inconsiderate and puts their self absorption on display.

I am quite tempted to creatively rack them, and then sit and watch the search ensue.
I agree but I have noticed not enough rack space. So, more racks maybe will help. Inconsiderate people probably won't change

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I agree but I have noticed not enough rack space. So, more racks maybe will help. Inconsiderate people probably won't change
There can be plenty of rack space and people still leave them; those that do want to rack their skis, but struggle to find space, generally find an out often way spot to leave them.

1Snowdancer

Diva in Training
It used to be something that was commonly done by the race kids on the mountain, but it seems to have become much more widespread. Me, I positively hate it. I find it just plain inconsiderate, and it's a real safety hazard. Every time I see this, I'm tempted to chuck them off to the side (I don't). So what are your thoughts? Is it a problem where you ski? Or do you think I'm overreacting and should just chill out?
Private ski clubs, like Yellowstone Club encourage you to drop and leave. They leave them like that overnight too. Most people leave them on the ground there. Also at BC. It doesn't bother me.

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Doesn’t really bother me unless blocking my way to lodge or lifts. Don’t really see a lot of that unless no room in racks.
This doesn’t bother me excessively either. As long as there is a safe path to walk I’m good. I love the “Lunchtime” art painting up thread…

These are me and I also really love that art! I'm usually in a pretty good mood skiing though, so unless it's in my way, I'm not going to pay it much mind.

I don't usually see the parked skis happen when racks are empty. Crystal has construction going on to open a much needed base lodge with food and other amenities to handle the amount of skiers it sees. Right now, both inside and outside of any of the places that serve food are zoos are lunch.

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's pretty annoying, especially when there's ample racks around to put them up. I honestly don't hesitate to walk on/over/ski over if they are in my way. I mean I try not to but I don't go out of my way to avoid them. This is the equivalent of leaving your shopping cart just anywhere when there are cart returns nearby. Bromley has a new general manager and he always goes over to the instructors for the kids/teenagers weekend programs and tells them to make sure their kids don't throw their skis all over the ground and to use the racks. Magic put up a lot more racks and it does happen a lot less now.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If it is at one of the NZ commercial ski fields, they usually have plenty of rack space so you're just being lazy... I may have sometimes been the person who will put your skis on two separate racks while I try and pick my way through to get my own skis on a rack, especially in the school holidays.

brooksnow

Angel Diva
I'm tempted to chuck them off to the side (I don't).
I have been known to chuck them off to the side. Well, maybe not chuck, but I pick them up and put them on racks or move them far off to the side.

We have a particular narrow spot where there are beginner skiers and riders, people going down to their condos, snowmobiles going up and down towing kids, and ski patrol with injured people on sleds. When skis and boards are blocking the way I will move them when I have time. If people come out looking for their equipment while I'm moving stuff I calmly explain that it's a very congested area so please don't block the trail. They tend not to argue with the uniform.

The kid seasonal programs and race programs had a big problem with leaving skis flat for years, but all the skis were on racks this season. It makes a huge difference, especially around lunch time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga