• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How are the Crowds at Killington?

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've had Epic passes for the past few years, as I live equidistant from Okemo and Sunapee. I've barely skied at all this year, though, partly because of the weather but mostly because of the weekend crowds. I'm thinking of getting a Killington Beast 365 pass for next year. K is about 15 minutes more of a drive for me, so not a big deal; 45 minutes total, and it includes Pico. Plus I really like spring skiing and K has a long season.

Can anyone speak to the weekend crowds at K and/or Pico? I know it will be crowded, but there's crowds and then there's crowds. Okemo is just intolerable. How bad is Killington on a non-holiday weekend?

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
funny you ask,. I was just looking at maybe getting a spring pass for Killington bc I want to take my son skiing on his break. I may just take him to Okemo but again, that would be midweek. Wondering how snow will hold up the next few weeks

ride_ski

Angel Diva
We have found that the last 2 seasons on Saturday's Killington is quite crowded (to the point that we will go and ski for only 2-3 hours and then leave). Sundays are much less crowded and more enjoyable. Fridays are also much more crowded than they used to me. I have not been to Okemo so I can't compare two.

Like2Ski

Angel Diva
I found my one Saturday at Killington way more crowded than Okemo, and it was a day that never got out of the the single digits. Plus you have the fast pass people going ahead of you.

North and South ridge had almost no one but the lower lifts were all crowded.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
If you’re trying to beat crowds in southern Vermont or NH, I’d try off the beaten path like Magic or Bromley. I believe one (or both?) of them limits lift passes on weekends

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you’re trying to beat crowds in southern Vermont or NH, I’d try off the beaten path like Magic or Bromley. I believe one (or both?) of them limits lift passes on weekends
Thanks, all, for the feedback. I just bought a Vermont resident/firefighter season pass at Magic for less than one-third of what a Killington pass would cost. I may end up getting a Killington spring pass, and I'll still come out ahead and hopefully beat the crowds a bit. I just need to get up the courage to face the off-ramp on Magic's Red Chair on a snowboard! :yahoo:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna