• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Highlights of your season ('10-'11)

hoodgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This has been the BEST BEST season ever for me!

Learning to ski pow and doing it several lucky days this season! I have never felt anything like that and am now obsessed with powder. I think my Pandoras helped with the enjoyment of this.

Skiing with DH having him turn around to wait for me and then seeing the look of surprise on his face when I was RIGHT THERE with him! =)

Skiing in trees for the first time.

Finding an awesome instructor who helped make all of the changes above.

Yay! I am glad our season isn't quite over out here and am hoping to add some more highlights before it is.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Buying new skis
Finding 2 instructors in VT that I like
Getting in a few more days than I usually do
Getting a little more comfortable skiing in trees-- still a long way to go

B

B.E.G.

- Just skiing! Having a really wonderful first season.
- New ski buddies - I've developed some great friendships with my group of ski buddies, and with the people at my home mountain. Truly, I'm sad to leave.
- New skis x 2 (though I didn't keep the first pair :p)
- New boots x 2 (again, didn't keep the first pair, but thank GOODNESS for getting properly fitting boots)
- Cute new jacket and pants :smile:
- Getting to ski four different ski hills - 3 in MT, 1 in CA
- Tackling my first blue without falling
- Tackling my first blue at speed and with grace
- Tackling my first black :D
- Hitting double digits for ski days (I WILL get to 20 before season's end)
- Getting a compliment from my advanced ski buddy who has seen me progress from Day 5 or so to Day 17 - he told me Saturday that I had gotten really good!
- Being able to ski with my ski shop guy, an absolutely incredible skier with over 30 years of skiing behind him.
- Getting into Stanford during ski season!

My season kind of officially ended this weekend, barring any ski trips elsewhere (not sure yet).

A couple more:

- My favorite and best instructor, who had me for a lesson about midway through the season, telling me that I was one of his favorite students and he has loved seeing me progress so much through the rest of the season.

- A bunch of ski/board instructors telling me that I rip :p Of course I'm not entirely sure how much that was motivated by truth, and how much by their attempts to flirt with me, but I did appreciate it!

- Finding all these little out of the way tree trails and powder stashes at my home mountain at the very end of the season!

RhodySkier

Certified Ski Diva
For me,

Trading in my beginner skis for skis that I love love love

First ski trip out West

First black run...on accident

Skiing that black run and a few others on purpose

Skiing down from the gondola at Stowe with DH (something I thought last year I would not be able to do for a long time)

Making progress, improving on my technique and having my former ski instructor DH tell me he has a lot of fun skiing with me!

judyskis

Certified Ski Diva
Preseason highlight - finding theskidiva.com to get me psyched up for the winter (like that was tough!)
Then...buying my first-ever pair of skis - Dynastar Exclusive Legend Edens - which I am in LOVE with. I haven't had new skis since I was in high school and Daddy still bought them for me...those were the days!
And the season highlight? Just getting out there and skiing!

Tvan

Angel Diva
My best season yet:

Skied blues consistently.
Skied my first blacks at my local mountain.
Skied EVERY RUN at my local mountain.
Skied over 20 days this year.
Am already in training for next year!

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK, now that my season is over I can try to summarise.

1. Skied Mt. Fort on its opening day. The first time ever I skied deep and steep. Fell in love with powder after all the frustration it used to cause me. I will definitely be on the first lift there when it opens next season.

2. Skied Mt. Fort multiple times over the season when it was hard and covered in moguls. This mountain doesn't look so intimidating to me anymore and doesn't cause me vertigo - the front side at least. I realise that even if I continue at this rate (51 days) it will be a good few seasons till I can ski the back side of it but it doesn't seem impossible all of a sudden.

3. Had my first boots "issues".

4. Skied my first off-piste itineraries.

5. Made new friends at the resort.

6. Finally, met a lovely man who is, coincidentally, a ski instructor:smile:

Great season overall, despite hard and unforgiving conditions for the most part of it.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Last weekend!!
Best spring skiing weekend EVER at Sugarloaf > wow.
ry%3D400

C

CMCM

The great....

• Most fantastic ski season I've ever experienced...733 inches at Squaw as of now. And early ski season, beginning before Thanksgiving!
• Fantastic snow virtually every time I skied....varying degrees of pow every time. Incredible, and I'm spoiled forever!
• My skiing progressed to a high level, I really progressed this year to a level I never would have believed I could reach

The negatives, however:
• Too much snow, believe it or not. Many potential ski days wentvdown the drain due to terrible storms/closed resorts (wind, whiteout snow, etc), too much snow at my house a number of times to go anywhere...busy digging ourselves out! And impossible to drive to Squaw anyway!
• I had to have emergency hernia surgery April 20, which put me out of skiing for the rest of this wonderful season....I could have gone on thru the end of May otherwise. :mad:

theBuff

Certified Ski Diva
Guess I need to add on to my previous list:

• skied in May
  • "hucked" my first cornice
  • hiked to and skied the North Pole at ABasin

The latter left me with quite a smile on my face.

abc

Banned
Update:

This is the season I did the most closing days: Magic, Hunter, Bretton Woods, Sunday River.

Previously, I've only done it once at Jay.

Granted, it's not any achievement per se. It's just timing. I'm a big fan of skiing corn. This year it's been so cold the snow in many resort didn't turn to corn till a week before closing day! To harvest the corn, I'd had to ski the closing day weekend. So tough, you know.:wink:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga