• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Hestra Women's Handcuffs and Hestra Kids Handcuffs

DianaNR

Angel Diva
These things are awesome! They are a wrist cuff that attaches to your ski gloves so you can take off your gloves but they are still attached, just dangling at your wrist.

I saw someone in one of my lessons using them while she checked something on her phone, very handy. They have them on Amazon, pretty reasonably priced (kid's model were under $6, women's were about $12). The kids model is for little kids, my skinny 7 year old twins fit in them fine, and they may work for another year or so. For my 11-year old I bought the women's pair and they fit fine, as did mine. If you have a larger wrist I would go for the men's size. Even if they are a bit big they would still function well.

I didn't want to spend $115 for the super nice Hestra gloves, especially for my kids, so these were the ticket.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GP116OW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GP10YJ0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How do you attach them to the mitt? After getting a pair of mitts with a leash several years back, I decided it was a must-have feature. I copied the basic design of the leash for all the mitts in our house. It was a basic small plastic jump ring sewn to the inside of the mitt cuff, and a loop of narrow elastic through that to put your hand through.

DianaNR

Angel Diva
All of our gloves have a ring thingy on the inside. So I take the leash piece and put it through the ring thingy, then pull the elastic wrist bit through the end of the leash. Does that make sense? If it doesn't I can take some pictures of the procedure when I'm back at home on Wednesday...

Marta_P

Certified Ski Diva
We fell in love with my DD's hestra three finger gloves with handcuff last year and I bought something similar for myself before Christmas. I had to loan them to her on our last trip (don't ask) and found that I could create my own handcuff by sliding the velcro closure on my jacket sleeve through the pull strap of my more generic gloves. I had the same freedom to take them off without losing them! If only I'd discovered this years ago I could have saved myself a fortune!!

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's cool Hestra sells them separately . I really like the ones on my Hestra mittens. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems that most decent ski gloves come with these now. I have some cheap POW gloves from 2009 or so with the wrist strap and all the Burton gloves I have owned over the years (since back in 2000) had then as well including the kids mittens.

Oh and hand cuffs seems like a strange term to me for an elastic wrist strap.

slyfox4

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Leashes are MUST for me! I'm considering new gloves for next year and that's my #1 criteria. Good to know that you can still attach leashes if you find gloves that don't have it!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna