• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: helmet hair!!!!

kitchenpro

Certified Ski Diva
hey...after a day of skiing with my helmut on my hair looks terrible...what kind of hat do you wear that's stylish while hanging out with friends during Apres?

Pandita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I typically don't care, because if I have been having a great day tearing up the slopes, I just want to have a beer and relax at the bar. I actually wear my helmet into the bar as do most others where I ski. However if I go back to the lodge where I am staying first, I just get ready as normal.

I don't think most people in a bar will be thinking about your hair, rather where you've skied today:smile:

Jilly

Staff member
I have short hair, so I just wet it, fluff and let it dry. Not too much wet. Or my trusty baseball cap.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
How about a hat from TheSkiDiva.com store?

hat-2.jpg

Heddious

Certified Ski Diva
any colorful beanie, really. or a headband/cap/ponytail if it's spring. sometimes i just use my scarf as a bandana.
but as pandita said, most people are more interested in the skiing-stories (and ofc the beer) than other people's hair (but I do understand you, I've been hair-obsessed myself, but one day I just didn't bother anymore.)

altagirl

Staff member
I've just developed a collection of cute beanies and wool hats. I generally ski with my hair braided and after skiing will sometimes re-braid it or take the braids out. I have a couple cute Prana hats that have long "tails" that tend to look good when I put my hair into loose pigtails underneath.

And without a hat, I usually unbraid it, and throw it up in the high doubled over ponytail that I do a lot.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, I just cut my hair off a few weeks ago into a cut that I hope will make this less of an issue. It can easily be finger combed/tousled into some semblance of style. But, I also always have a beanie of some sort in my bag to grab and go as well.

Bing

Angel Diva
I wear small touques that fit in my jacket - keep my long hair in a ponytail or braids & let it down so all you see is hat & long hair. I am particular about the style of the touque - try on a lot to make sure they flatter you !

Christy

Angel Diva
Stores like REI have a zillion hats in right now, since they're gearing up for the holidays. Like others said you just have to try on a bunch and see what looks good on you. I am the queen of awful helmet hair--seriously, my hair looks worse than anyone else's at lunch--so I always bring a hat with me.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I always keep a Buff with me. It can act as a bandana on my hair after wearing a helmet. Otherwise, it's a baseball hat on the head.

clairebear

Diva in Training
I learned to knit so I can wear my own creations when I am covering the flattened mess from a day on the slopes. It keeps me looking together when all I want to do is go sit and have a beer and to heck with what I look like.

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have short hair, so I just wet it, fluff and let it dry. Not too much wet. Or my trusty baseball cap.

Same for me ... very short hair works well with helmets ... and if I can't get it looking ok after skiing there is my trusty baseballcap with a huge skull printed on it ... or a beanie if its very cold.

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a collection of berets, including that 2002 Olympics Team USA one. I also have a couple of headbands that I got at Snowbasin's ski shop. Dale of Norway makes them but I also got a fleece one that was locally made with pretty tapestry on it for a good price. LOVE the headbands.

SkiGoddess

Diva in Training
How about putting a Fosi on your helmet and when wearing it for apres ski? it looks just like a headband! I got mine at the Ski and Board show here in the UK from Fosi Originals (very glam faux fur band to put on your helmet). Not sure if you have them out there yet, they're brand new...Otherwise, I'm a beanie girl and absolutely agree with your dilemma!

braveskimom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just saw a photo of Lindsey Vonn in Vail signing autographs wearing a cute wool beanie. I figure I will follow her helmet hair lead!

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've got a beanie that came with my helmet so if my hair's REALLY bad I just wear that. Usually I don't care about hat hair though, everyone else's is just as bad!

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm thinking brush cut? :giggle

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga