• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Heated gloves

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love my new Chaval’s! My 2018 and 2019 ones aren’t holding a charge as well as they used to. I could probably send them back and see if they could re-wire them. But I’m anticipating that isn’t something they want to play with.

Jilly

Staff member
Not sure if you can get them....Karbon from Costco. Maybe just in Canada.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I love my new Chaval’s! My 2018 and 2019 ones aren’t holding a charge as well as they used to. I could probably send them back and see if they could re-wire them. But I’m anticipating that isn’t something they want to play with.
So they only lasted 3 ish years?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I love the Chaval's too. They are the best out there, I think. A bit pricey, but they don't crap out like so many out there.

Here's my review.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So they only lasted 3 ish years?
2018 pair went back under warranty in 2019. But I won them on Facebook so it didn’t seem like much of a big deal. I bought the others to keep my hand warm while I was waiting for the 2018 ones to come back. They were been fine until last year. And they are fine on warmer days. But since they react to the outside temperature, they aren’t cutting it when it’s cold.

@ski diva @lisamamot own these for sure. How have yours held up?

I do have a pair of Ororo mittens. They are batteries are not built in as these Chaval’s are. I find I needed a second set of batteries to make it through five hours. That said I have Raynaud’s and my hands are cold about nine months out of the year! Until my 60s, I was OK with mittens with a zip slot for a heat pack. But circulation does not seem to get better with age!

marzNC

Angel Diva
I've been quite happy with the Hestra Heater 5-finger Liners. Use them mostly in the Hestra 3-finger mitten. I bought an extra battery pack because my right hand is more cold-sensitive so I end up using more heat for it. Can keep it on low all day if needed.

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I use the OR mittens. They size large. & u need to buy a set of extra batteries as they run out at 3-4 hrs depending on how cold it is.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
@ski diva @lisamamot own these for sure. How have yours held up?
I don't wear my Chaval if I need to make it past 4 hours; sadly the battery in the right mitt dies at noon each time. If I am only skiing for a couple of hours they are great, otherwiseI have reverted back to mitts with hand warmers.

ride_ski

Angel Diva
I am on my third season with a pair of Savior mittens and my husband is on season 2 with a pair of their gloves. Still working well. This brand is much less expensive than some of the others. But we both have been happy with them.

For any heated gloves, you need to stay on top of "caring" for the battery properly. As we all know from our cell phones, after time batteries do wear out and don't have the same charge level as when they were new. We have spare sets for our gloves and rotate their use. You also want to make sure that any batteries don't stay fully discharged for a long period of time. Also, it is a good idea to charge them every few months in the off season to prevent them getting fully discharged

lisamamot

Angel Diva
We have spare sets for our gloves and rotate their use
I wish with Chaval - the batteries are built-in and cannot be replaced, at least by the owner - they need to be shipped back to the manufacturer. A bit of buyers remorse here.

rbkvail

Certified Ski Diva
Suggestions? Are they all crap?
I had two pairs of Hestras. The second one was a warranty claim. I haven’t bothered again. I now ski Astis. They are not heated but super warm and cool! I use hand warmer on cold days but hardly need them with these gloves.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wish with Chaval - the batteries are built-in and cannot be replaced, at least by the owner - they need to be shipped back to the manufacturer. A bit of buyers remorse here.

I have a love-hate thing for the built-in battery. It’s easier to charge them not having to remove a battery and it does drive them. But yes, it would be easier to just have batteries that you could recharge and replace easily.

Moonrocket

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My daughter and husband have them and love them. They keep trying to convince me I need them and hand me these sweaty, warm, damp mittens to try. I’m sticking with my thick fleece liners on cold days.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga