• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

HEAT WAVE IN UTAH

3dogsKris

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What is going on with the weather? It is making me crabby and upset. It is overcast and warm. I love snow and cold and was so excited a few weeks ago, but now..... nothing but sun and warm clouds, yuck. Does anyone else feel like this?:(

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
OK, I'm in PA, not UT, but this time of year, we often get warm spells where it's cloudy and just plain dreary. It gets me so frustrated this time of year when I'm waiting and waiting for snow....

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Waiting for snow here too in the Laurentians. But that said, the weather has been nothing short of glorious (if you ignore the no-snow part, that is): nights well below freezing and daytime highs up to 6, 8 or even 10 degrees (celsius temps) with brilliant sun. It's hard to feel depressed. I'm hoping the cold nights are allowing Tremblant snow-making to proceed, but not sure.

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think it's all supposed to shift tonight, at least that's what the NWS says. We're also supposed to see a shift here in SoCal, the clouds are already here and as long as the humidity stays low enough the snow guns are aimed and ready. I think the Utah resorts will make snow as soon as conditions permit too - hopefully tonight and for at least the next few days.

Fingers crossed for you here in SoCal! We're going to be up there over the holidays and are praying for plenty of snow.

Jilly

Staff member
SkiBam I don't think we'll be skiing next weekend. Going to go up and move in though. Hope they can make enough for convention!

skiwall

Diva in Training
Tonight and tomorrow aren't looking great. The next system on Saturday looks marginally better, depending on moisture, but it's probably not going to open up any new terrain.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
70's here today but a cold front is coming in from Canada. 6-12" predicted for mtns. Looks like Sat. nite and Sun morning will be snowy here in Denver.

Weather man just reported heavy snow tonite for SLC.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We got our snow yesterday. It started right when the women were starting their second run of the World Cup skeleton race here in Park City. It was a squall - heavy and windy, up at the track. The jury ended up stopping the race after the 8th woman came down in the 2nd heat - too much snow coming down and inadequate volunteers to keep the track fair for the racers. It stopped for awhile, then started up again in the evening. Woke up this morning to a nice, white landscape. It wasn't a huge dump here in PC, but enough to make everything white. AND, the temp is cold enough for the resorts to blow snow all day. I still don't see how my resort (PCMR) is going to open on 11/21. I guess if they want to open 1 or 2 runs, they could. But, if management thinks they can get their investment back, they will open. If it's like last year, they need 500 tickets sold/day to turn a profit.
There's another snow set coming in tomorrow (supposedly).

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've got about 4 inches on my back porch. I live at 6800 ft. here in town (Park City). But, with the sun blazing today, it will shrink up really fast.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna