• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Has anyone gone Catskiing before?

Witchery

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just wondering if anyone's gone Cat skiing before? It's my 40th in Feb and my DH and I were looking at going Cat skiing. We looked at Heli but looks like we might get more ski time Cat skiing. We'll be skiing at Whistler, not sure if that makes a difference with what Cat is like?

B-Tele

Certified Ski Diva
Cat skiing has been the most phenomenal experience of my life. I've been to Baldface in Nelson, BC.

The terrain was steeper and more gladed than I expected, but it needed to be because of the sheer amount of snow. The guides were great, atmosphere was buzzing, and people are just so happy to ski.

The chatter than I overheard (while cat skiing) about heli skiing is that it's a little more stressful because you are paying so much for the bird. I.e. ski down as fast as you can, load up, fly to to top, repeat as many times as possible. Now I'm sure that depends on the group and many other variables...but I could see a point that cat skiing is more relaxed.

Enjoy! It'll be great.

Witchery

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OMG, just went to your link altagirl. Amazing photo's!! So I am now completely psyched to go catskiing, heli is off the cards :smile:

B-tele, I was thinking the same as you that catskiing would be a little more relaxed and less stressey than heli. Just about to get online and book now.

Thanks
:smile:

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have done it at Steamboat but didn't have a good experience due to a malfunctioning cat and not knowing what to do in the deep powder :(

SkiBam

Angel Diva
I've been to Baldface in Nelson, BC.

I too went to Baldface about eight years ago. I think at that time some of the accommodations were still kind of under construction, but other than that, it was a truly luxurious. Great people, great food and lots of snow. Problem was it was a bad avalanche year so lots of yummy-looking terrain wasn't open. And weather was somewhat socked in so doubt a heli could have flown. Fabulous experience – I'd go again.

sarahwhistler

Certified Ski Diva
If you're in Whistler, Backcountry Snowcats is amazing. They're located North of Whistler and Pemberton. We go every year. Great people, great skiing. You have to sled up to their lodge, but you've got everything you need and I think it's a little more reasonable than some other places that tend to be "fancier".

https://www.snowcats.ca/photo-video

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga