• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Good things about the crappy season*

SkiNana

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Surely you have some photos that should go in an album? Everyone almost always has those way down on their to do lists! :becky:
/QUOTE]

:ROTF: :ROTF::ROTF:

Ha, ha, ha! I have boxes of them! In fact, when our house burned :(, all the photos of the kids, pets, trips, homes, everything, survived because every single one was still in its folder, in its envelope, crammed into a shoebox, and the shoe boxes were all in cardboard banker boxes!! Put them in albums? Not a chance! (We had to gut the house and replace almost every other thing we owned. My photos, in their clutter, in the atttic: survived!)

(I am, however, scanning them into the computer, slowly, and you're right: I brought the scanner and some photos and could be doing that. BUT .... the skiing is fine and the weather gorgeous and the photos will wait!

climbingbetty

Angel Diva
Well there's no snow here in southern-ish New York. We've even had dubious snowmaking weather (it was almost 5O degrees here on Sunday). But an artic chill has *just* descended, and the ice is forming as we speak, so since skiing is looking like a bust for awhile, I signed up to take an ice climbing clinic with kick ass, IFMGA guide Zoe Hart at the Aidrondack International Mountainfest in two weeks.

:yahoo:

The good thing this season? My husband and I are moving this week and the lack of snow is making for a better move then anticipated! My secret hope is that Ma Nature is waiting for us to finish before she lets the snow fly :D

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm dreaming of BIG end-of-the-season sales since no one will be buying anything since there is no skiing to be had.

Of course the end of the season could be much earlier than usual as well.

Rosie Facer

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We got a bathroom redecorated between Christmas and New Year - the first interior decoration to be completed since we moved into the house in May :redface:

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I might actually get my roses cut back on time. I usually get to it around March 1. :eyebrows:

We jogged today, which is good but sorta not good since neither of us is supposed to jog. :noidea: Bike ride tomorrow.

Just looked at the Summit web sites; it looks like more trails are open than they were pre-Christmas. I just hope they have decent coverage. I'm tired of skiing tentatively because of the conditions. :frusty:

Actually, for most of us, there is ***nothing*** good about this crappy start to the season. :fencing:

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We had a crappy season last year. I actually got quite good at skiing ice and while I will never love it, I stopped being fussy about it. And bad seasons are always over at some point and after them come good seasons:smile: I have already skied on powder more times than during the whole 2010/2011 season!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
No black flies!
:laugh: and...YAY. Maybe less runoff this winter will result in fewer hatches next spring? :noidea: Would you believe this, 2ski - I actually got BIT, for REAL, at the boat dock, on NOVEMBER 5 (we were fogging the engine cylinders/winterizing)??? :doh: Bad bite, too - it "closed" my eye (had to take pics of that one...NO, I won't post it!).

Thought of something else: I'm not worried about DD driving this Winter as road conditions have been fine. Then again she didn't bother heading to Berkshire East tonight with her school program, too cold and conditions are meh and not much terrain is open.

I am loving this thread though!

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:laugh: and...YAY. Maybe less runoff this winter will result in fewer hatches next spring? :noidea: Would you believe this, 2ski - I actually got BIT, for REAL, at the boat dock, on NOVEMBER 5 (we were fogging the engine cylinders/winterizing)??? :doh: Bad bite, too - it "closed" my eye (had to take pics of that one...NO, I won't post it!).

I remember that you posted that. Unbelievable to find one so late in the season.

Shannon D

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
* for most of us.

1. Three inches could just as well be bottomless pow.
2. When you have a season-ending injury, you say "thank goodness."
3. ....help me out here ....

I couldn't have picked a better year for a season ending injury. Another bright side is that on a ski trip to Aspen, your friends actually hang out with you instead of rushing off to the slopes. And I don't have to hobble on ice, I can hobble on dry sidewalks instead.

I guarantee that once I have my surgery and Brett isn't free to ski when he likes anymore, it will start snowing. I give it 2 weeks and then you guys will get some love.

SkiRunYoga

Certified Ski Diva
My friends (who don't ski...most of them) are happy they get to see me this winter!

My ski equipment isn't living in my entrance way... :embarrassed:

I've had time (and energy) to keep up with my running throughout the weekends...

But like many of us, I'd give it all up again to have some snow!!!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The lousy weather is giving me time to rehab my cranky SI joint which went out on me the week before Christmas. PT says it'll be another 2-3 weeks before I can ski again.

Conditions must be pretty poor. My diehard SO, whol skis any kind of conditions, went to the condo on Monday and I didn't expect to see him for a couple of weeks. He's decided to come home tomorrow. He told me Tuesday I wasn't "missing anything".

C

CMCM

Well, I was blacked out at Squaw and Alpine for the Christmas thru New Year period anyway, so actually not a big ski loss there. But I'm ready for lots of skiing now and there's no snow!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I couldn't have picked a better year for a season ending injury. Another bright side is that on a ski trip to Aspen, your friends actually hang out with you instead of rushing off to the slopes. And I don't have to hobble on ice, I can hobble on dry sidewalks instead.

I guarantee that once I have my surgery and Brett isn't free to ski when he likes anymore, it will start snowing. I give it 2 weeks and then you guys will get some love.
Shannon I hope your guarantee works. But I'm sorry you can't ski. :(

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been sick with a *wicked* bad cold all week, and haven't compounded that misery by desperately missing all the amazing skiing (or making the cold worse by skiing on it anyway).

Sami

Certified Ski Diva
the only good thing I can think of is that we're saving money on heating bills since it's been so horribly warm. Most days, just the woodstove is enough and I don't even turn the heat on. Saving money for skiing... now I need a place to ski that has snow instead of mud.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am trying to make the most of it...

..exploring new running trails in the foothills
..drilling on bumps, since so many blue groomers aren't groomed anymore for lack of snow, making it great for practice.
..carving form drills on hard pack

Bumps and carving were not on the menu at all the past few years with so many powder days, I never bothered.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been sick with a *wicked* bad cold all week, and haven't compounded that misery by desperately missing all the amazing skiing (or making the cold worse by skiing on it anyway).
Yep. In my case, misery doesn't love company, but with the snow drought I'm not standing on my porch gazing at a whited out Wasatch Front, watching my neighbors drive off with skis in their racks, and whimpering to myself. Can you say pity party?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna