• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Girls, I'm making the move!

Michelle

Certified Ski Diva
Hi Girls

Just letting you all know that i'm leaving the land downunder (Australia) and moving to Whistler!!!

I'm so so so excited!

I've never skied overseas before and can't wait to see what a snow mountain (not fields like we have here) look like!!

I'll be in Whistler from 1 November.

I already have accommodation for one week at a hotel and hope to find a job and permanent accommodation within that time. I've been told you just wing it.

Any tips would be great.

Did I mention that i'm PUMPED!!!

Anna

Angel Diva
WELL DONE - BRAVE GIRL!!!!!

I would be so not brave like you!
Worried about the mortgage, cats ... cars and bills ...

What did you put in place to allow you the "brain-freedom" or financial security to go and live a dream?

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yippee!!! I'm still waiting for the day I live permanently in the mountains! :jealous:

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So bold, Michelle! Good luck!

My stint in Seattle is so farmaking me think that I wouldn't want to make a permanent move without a partner in crime, for various reasons.

skibumwannabe

Certified Ski Diva
You brave girl.....I have always dreamed of moving to a ski area......just looking for the funds to do it!! congrats

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So bold, Michelle! Good luck!

My stint in Seattle is so farmaking me think that I wouldn't want to make a permanent move without a partner in crime, for various reasons.
Pequenita, I've been following your travels and think you're an inspiration!

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Michelle-
I just got back from a weeklong biking trip in Whistler and I'm SOOOOOO jealous. It's heaven up there. So beautiful. Never skied up there (which I'm sure is great), but the mountain biking is enough to make me want to pack up and move too. And the town and community is super cool.

Tons of Aussies up there too. You should fit right in, eh? :smile:

Enjoy, and drink a jug of Kokanee for me.

Michelle

Certified Ski Diva
I just woke up one day and thought why not! Ha.. So not like me!

I quit my job and everything!

I've been saving some money for a big holiday, I just thought it would we to Europe... but no! lol... I realised that I really really really love the snow and it makes me so happy!

When your skiing the rest of the world doesn't exist. There is no stress, everyone is happy, it's perfect!

Luckily i'm at a point in life where I can leave it all behind ... and possibly running away from a broken heart :(

Rachel - I have a 2 year visa so who knows how long I will be there for! Ha... This is so crazy!!!!

Anna

Angel Diva
Yes, Michelle, you're right - the rest of the world doesn't really exist when youre skiing, except for that pesky boarder who just had to drop in in front of you!

Well done and the possibilities will be amazing!

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes indeed you will love Whistler. The skiing is top class and the Craic is wonderful.

You will not regret it.

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Awesome! I moved to a ski town almost four years ago, and have (almost) never regretted it! Whistler is incredible, you'll love it!

Kim Kircher

Certified Ski Diva
Congratulations! I visit Whistler at least once a year, and have a few friends who have relocated there. One tidbit I know is that housing can be expensive. If you live in the area, the bus is really great, and takes you everywhere you want to be. I also see people riding their bikes (even in winter since they keep the roads pretty snow-free). But some folks choose to move further out to save money. One direction is Squamish and the other is Pemberton. But you'd definitely need a car. I recommend doing an internet search for possible accomodations. And jobs too. I can imagine that pretty soon Whistler will be having a job-fair. You will want to get in on that. There's always jobs at a ski resort. But you want to find a good one, that will let you be on the mountain during the mornings, when the snow is best. All the best to you!

Nadine_A

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Fantastic news Michelle!

Don't worry about the broken heart, it'll be "what broken heart" in no time.

I'm so jealous!

WELL DONE - BRAVE GIRL!!!!!

I would be so not brave like you!
Worried about the mortgage, cats ... cars and bills ...

I'm the same, expect for the mortgage and the cats! I discovered skiing a little late, meaning that I'm out of contention for working in most overseas countries. I'll be 37 soon.

I have been investigating taking a career break and doing a season. Imagine my surprise that the US does not have an age limit for the H-2B Seasonal Non-Agricultural worker visa. Pretty hard to get, but I guess you've got to be in it to win it.

Just at investigation stage though.

Anna

Angel Diva
I'm the same, expect for the mortgage and the cats! I discovered skiing a little late, meaning that I'm out of contention for working in most overseas countries. I'll be 37 soon.

I have been investigating taking a career break and doing a season. Imagine my surprise that the US does not have an age limit for the H-2B Seasonal Non-Agricultural worker visa. Pretty hard to get, but I guess you've got to be in it to win it.

Just at investigation stage though.

OMG!
SAME SAME!
37 in Feb. Would LOVE a career change - or regression to hospitality if it got me workign on the mountain ... .. .. ..

Christy

Angel Diva
Fantastic! I'm so jealous of the way that commonwealth citizens can move from one country to the next. I would have loved to spend a couple years in Canada or Australia when I was younger. Heck, I wouldn't mind living in Vancouver now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga